AEV Mojave Spacer Lift

n3rdaaron

I have been looking at the AEV 2" spacer kit for a while. They seem to be more available now. I thought the install would be more straightforward but have also heard some folks that have had issues. Right now running 35s (really 34.5 KO2s) with no issues but would like to move up to 37s at some point. This still seems like the best option but would like to hear from people that have had the kit installed for a while.
Literally no complaints from me. Only thing I have to say is that my shocks squeak pretty often. It’s a Jeep, so I don’t think a lot about it.
I’m partially considering 37s, and regearing, but I don’t have the need for it right now. 35s are fine for today.

Tumbes

My plan is to do the lift and then once I put some more miles on my current tires then go to 37s. How much time did it take you to install the lift?

ScoobyCarolanNC

I have a Mojave and skipped the kit. Currently running 37x12.5 Mickey Baja Bosses on AEV Saverge II wheels. I've got 250 city miles and done a little trail running and I can tell you that the 4.10 gears seem really good with the 37s. I've not felt like I needed a regear at all.

Tumbes

I have a Mojave and skipped the kit. Currently running 37x12.5 Mickey Baja Bosses on AEV Saverge II wheels. I've got 250 city miles and done a little trail running and I can tell you that the 4.10 gears seem really good with the 37s. I've not felt like I needed a regear at all.

I would be curious to hear how things go for you on the trail. Any rubbing or other issues? The gearing my plan was to wait and see what I think of the performance with 37s. I have heard people say they are good with 4.10s and others say they were struggling with 4.10s and moved up to 4.88s or 5.13s.

How do you like those Mickey Thompsons?

ScoobyCarolanNC

Hey 'y'all. Checking in to see if the guys who got this kit still like it? The reason I ask is I had to get new LCAs when I ran it on my JL Sahara. Also I was thinking: if there is a 1" spacer already on the front end and you add a 2" spacer. thats a net of 1". But, the shock spacer is 2"s so wouldn't that move the shock out of its internal bypass "range" or whatever? Anyways, has the ride changed at all? How was your caster after the lift?

ScoobyCarolanNC

I would be curious to hear how things go for you on the trail. Any rubbing or other issues? The gearing my plan was to wait and see what I think of the performance with 37s. I have heard people say they are good with 4.10s and others say they were struggling with 4.10s and moved up to 4.88s or 5.13s.

How do you like those Mickey Thompsons?
Sorry I spaced on the reply. I’ve had it out a couple of times now. I even have one spot with a tiny jump and pretty much no rubbing. If I really stuff it and the steering wheel is at 11 o’clock or 1 o’clock it will catch the edge of the front fenders. I’m not a rock crawler through so ymmv. I’m in eastern NC. Pretty flat here and I don’t spend a ton more f time on the highway. so the gears aren’t a big deal. We’ve got a very reputable axle shop here called East Coast Gear Supply. They had me leaning towards 4.88s. They said the 5.13s would be better if I did a lot of towing or I spent a lot of time in the mountains. 4.88s might be better suited to me since I don’t travel a ton on the highway. I’m mostly driving 45-60mph.

Top Bottom