AEV Lift

jeeeep

Hooked
looks good, I ran the AEV 2.5 on my JLU before going long arm/coil overs.
hmm I wonder if the JLU AEV will fit a JT?

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
Interested in hearing your feedback on the lift. I've had the same kit sitting in the garage for the last few months but waiting for the weather to clear/time. What gears did you go with?

Gnmaniatis

Interested in hearing your feedback on the lift. I've had the same kit sitting in the garage for the last few months but waiting for the weather to clear/time. What gears did you go with?
I should be picking it up tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted. I had an AEV lift on my Jk and had no issues. I decided to go with this lift based on what the vehicle will be used for (fire roads, highway driving, no rock crawling).

Gnmaniatis

quick update: overall very happy with the lift, tires, wheel combo and the gears. We drove up I-70 with with a bed full of stuff and made it just fine. Never get like the 3.6 was searching for shift points. Pretty happy with the wrap as well.
There is a ton of play with the steering and took it to the dealership. they confirmed that I have the aluminum steering box. Steel on is on its way.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Good to hear everything is working out good for you. I haven’t heard anything on the steering boxes. What’s up with that?

Gnmaniatis

Good to hear everything is working out good for you. I haven’t heard anything on the steering boxes. What’s up with that?
The 20’s have an aluminum box that creates quite a bit of play in the steering. They “upgraded” the box in the 21’s to steel and helps minimize the steering play.

Bear_JT

Hooked
The 20’s have an aluminum box that creates quite a bit of play in the steering. They “upgraded” the box in the 21’s to steel and helps minimize the steering play.
Interesting. Is the dealer replacing yours or are you upgrading it?

Top Bottom