4.5" Evo Fusion - front sag w/ Diesel

zonearc

4.5" Evo Fusion (front coilovers, rear springs) on Diesel using Evo's diesel springs ... front sits super low, back is raked by 2.5". This is with their 200/400 springs swapped to the coilovers (they ship with the 3.6 springs) and the preload all the way (which is crazy, wont run it that way). Anyone run in to this?

Will grab a picture in a sec.

zonearc

You can see the preload in the front in the first picture. I'm not in front of it right now or I would take more. I would love to run this through a calc and see if 200/400 should be right on a JT with the diesel. Bumper is quarter pounder with Warn VR which doesn't add much for weight up there.

MericaMade

You are damn near sitting on coil bind and there is way to much preload in there.

Spring rate seems wrong 200/400 you normally don’t want to be more than 100 pounds different between coils. The transition once the secondary kicks in will be harsh with a 200-pound difference in the coils.

Are you sure they sent the right rears to match the front?

zonearc

Has anyone worked with this kit before and gotten the EVOS103F kit they sell you? Those are the HD coils they want you to swap on the front coilovers. Just curious if others are running 200/400 or if they could have given us the wrong coils.

zonearc

~200 PSI each. Calling Evo when they open. Maybe we're running the wrong spring rate and can get things moving. Fronts sitting really low. Compared to two other JTs we have here .. one on a Clayton and one on an RK both similar lift heights and the nose on this thing is really low.

benatc1

Hooked
Not saying your not low up front, but Are you sure the back isn't just sitting really high? Sometimes coil springs need to settle a bit. Maybe a combo of both. Did you get a measurement of stock with those fenders? Or anywhere else to reference?

RCC

We sat my gladiator on the ground for the first time today. Mine is a 3.6 but I am having the front sag. I have not maxed out my preload but I have about 3” in it doesn’t appear to be sitting right at all. I ordered heavier and longer springs so hopefully it fixes my problem.

zonearc

Spring rate is way off. So, factory spring rate is 134. Springs that come on the coilovers reduces it to 111 (wtf?). The HD kit they sell gives you a 400 spring for each coilover with no instructions. What they want you to do is to take the 250 lower and put it as the upper with the 400 which takes you to 150+. But, thats for the stock bumper (which weighs nothing). If you do an aftermarket bumper and winch and any other equipment, Evo says figure it out yourself. We had Accutune run the calc, and they came up with north of 180 for spring rate. Interestingly enough, thats what both RK and Clayton's spring rates are (185-188 depending on the coil).
So, Evo's shipping these with TOO LOW of front spring weight.
It's fine though, now we know. Just need to get new springs.

RCC

Spring rate is way off. So, factory spring rate is 134. Springs that come on the coilovers reduces it to 111 (wtf?). The HD kit they sell gives you a 400 spring for each coilover with no instructions. What they want you to do is to take the 250 lower and put it as the upper with the 400 which takes you to 150+. But, thats for the stock bumper (which weighs nothing). If you do an aftermarket bumper and winch and any other equipment, Evo says figure it out yourself. We had Accutune run the calc, and they came up with north of 180 for spring rate. Interestingly enough, thats what both RK and Clayton's spring rates are (185-188 depending on the coil).

What weight springs are you going to?

Mine is 12“ 250 over a 14” 300. I was told to buy a 14” 350 and use a 300/350 on mine.

MericaMade

I can't believe they didn't help you out...
(Enter sarcasm here).

Top Bottom