392 Radiator

Spytec128

I'm tired of dealing with all aluminum radiators. Will the new Wrangler 392 (68481174AA) radiator fit in the 2007-2010 Wrangler? Any thoughts? I know it will be a little difference in size but how much? And can I make it work? Any dealership parts guys out there that can take side-by-side photos?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I seriously doubt that it'll fit a JK. Also, what makes the JL cool so much better is its fan or at least, more so than the radiator.

jesse3638

Hooked
I seriously doubt that it'll fit a JK. Also, what makes the JL cool so much better is its fan or at least, more so than the radiator.
Where there's a will there's a way...haha.

Yeah my neighbor has a JL and she drove by the other day and the fan was screaming. It made me think of that last chance canyon video when you first got Jet Li

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Where there's a will there's a way...haha.

Yeah my neighbor has a JL and she drove by the other day and the fan was screaming. It made me think of that last chance canyon video when you first got Jet Li
LOL - they need to put some kind of intake warning on the front grill of the JL, like they do with jets so that small animals and children don't get sucked in. 🤪

Spytec128

I can't believe the entire community has accepted the fact that if you are going to wheel hard or have a V8 that you will need to replace your radiator every year. I have the Motech kit and I love driving my 6.2 around but replacing these radiators is getting to be a pain in the arse.

Brute

Hooked
I can't believe the entire community has accepted the fact that if you are going to wheel hard or have a V8 that you will need to replace your radiator every year. I have the Motech kit and I love driving my 6.2 around but replacing these radiators is getting to be a pain in the arse.
???…every year?

jesse3638

Hooked
Sounds like it you should be a pro at it by now...haha.

Spytec128

I wish I knew the problem. They continue to leak between the tubes and headed. My current leak is about 2" down from the top so I doesn't run dry but I still need it fixed. I even have Robbie's mounting springs installed to reduce frame twisting wear.

JT@623

Hooked
I wish I knew the problem. They continue to leak between the tubes and headed. My current leak is about 2" down from the top so I doesn't run dry but I still need it fixed. I even have Robbie's mounting springs installed to reduce frame twisting wear.
Just out of curiosity have you checked all the body mount bolts, core support bolts etc ?

Spytec128

Just out of curiosity have you checked all the body mount bolts, core support bolts etc ?
I have checked the mounting bolts for the radiator but I have not checked the body mounts. Guess I could check those to see if anything is loose.

2011jk

3 years and many trails and my original Motech Radiator is going fine..
Might want to contact John, he's working on a new Radiator
Overland Performance
John Schumacher
13427 PACES Pointe Drive.
GONZALES, LA 70737

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Let me clarify, every Jeep year. I have got about 30K miles on my install and have been through 4 radiators in the last 6 years.
Did Motech do the install or did you do it? Before upgrading to an LT, I literally put over 100k miles in just over 10 years on my Motech LS and NEVER had a radiator leak.

pvkj454

I wonder if the Camaro radiator can be adapted to fit since the fan works and is the correct size. I am thinking about trying one with my L96 swap. Making mounts shouldn't be a big deal and the fan will be a direct fit.

Bierpower

Hooked
I wonder if the Camaro radiator can be adapted to fit since the fan works and is the correct size. I am thinking about trying one with my L96 swap. Making mounts shouldn't be a big deal and the fan will be a direct fit.
You would need to make bottom mounts but the GM top mounts could likely be bolted to the jeep crossmember with nutserts. The fun part would be mounting the ac condenser and trans cooler.

Spytec128

Did Motech do the install or did you do it? Before upgrading to an LT, I literally put over 100k miles in just over 10 years on my Motech LS and NEVER had a radiator leak.
I did the install myself. I used the factory rubber isolators and Motech's spring mount. I have heard a a rare unicorn every once in a while of his radiators not leaking. After talking with Robbie he said he has had several problems with them leaking and has gone through numerous venders and designs. Many of the forums talk about the leaking of after market aluminum radiators. I wish they would make a factory type HD radiator because it seems the leaking is less in the factory radiators. Guess I should have went with the 5.3L instead of the 6.2L so I could have kept the factory radiator.

Top Bottom