37's on 2" Lift ?

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Hi All,

I have a Willys Sport (so I do not have the widetrac axles) and I want to run 37's as I know if i go 35's ill be kicking myself for not going that much further. I'd also like to stick with the stock wheels since if i do upgrade wheels i'll want beadlocks - and if i end up going that route I will for sure want to upgrade axles at some point down the road (which means even more money wasted). I know i'll need wheel spacers (already ordered) and rubicon flares (waiting to order because of a nationwide back order :( ). I currently have a 2" BDS lift with a front adjustable track bar. From what I can tell it sits up as high up as a mopar lift. Has anyone done this in the past ? IIRC the wayalife JL did have 37's on a 2" lift for a while. Also any recommendations on fenders ? Since the OEM rubicon flares are impossible to find (new).

IMG_0493.jpeg

Bear_JT

Hooked
I ran 35’s on my last Gladiator without a lift and had to trim a little fender just so it wouldn’t rub while turning and going in or out of a driveway. Id say even with the 2” lift 37’s would be ok but you’re probably going to rub with little articulation; especially with wheel spacers.

Ddays

Hooked
2" Dynatrac lift and those are 37" Trail Graps. I did the fender 'chop' with the Quake LED lights and it really made a difference. Before that I'd get occasional rubbing on the underside of the fenders when you got to the extreme range of articulation. The only issue going the chop route is the LED lights are different for the regular and Rubicon flares. You'd have to buy the LED lights twice. There are some nice flare options out there though.

20220803_075713_resized.jpg

Andy5160

Hooked
2" Dynatrac lift and those are 37" Trail Graps. I did the fender 'chop' with the Quake LED lights and it really made a difference. Before that I'd get occasional rubbing on the underside of the fenders when you got to the extreme range of articulation. The only issue going the chop route is the LED lights are different for the regular and Rubicon flares. You'd have to buy the LED lights twice. There are some nice flare options out there though.

View attachment 377669
Looking good. How do you like the mirrors?

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug

View attachment 377669
Thats pretty much where I want to be at until I am ready for 1 ton swap and 40's. I am thinking of going aftermarket with fender flares - but i love the way the rubicon flares line up more closely with the hood. Looking good and love the mirror setup.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All,

I have a Willys Sport (so I do not have the widetrac axles) and I want to run 37's as I know if i go 35's ill be kicking myself for not going that much further. I'd also like to stick with the stock wheels since if i do upgrade wheels i'll want beadlocks - and if i end up going that route I will for sure want to upgrade axles at some point down the road (which means even more money wasted). I know i'll need wheel spacers (already ordered) and rubicon flares (waiting to order because of a nationwide back order :( ). I currently have a 2" BDS lift with a front adjustable track bar. From what I can tell it sits up as high up as a mopar lift. Has anyone done this in the past ? IIRC the wayalife JL did have 37's on a 2" lift for a while. Also any recommendations on fenders ? Since the OEM rubicon flares are impossible to find (new).

View attachment 377644
Assuming your BDS 2" lift is a coil lift and not a spacer lift (being that you said it sits as high as a Mopar lift), you should have over 3" of actual lift and that will clear 37's just fine.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Assuming your BDS 2" lift is a coil lift and not a spacer lift (being that you said it sits as high as a Mopar lift), you should have over 3" of actual lift and that will clear 37's just fine.
Yup I have a coil lift ( lots of empty room in the wheel wells).

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What offset/backspacing are those wheels ? Looks like it would be fine on the street - but would rub (on the flares) in the rougher stuff.
4.5 If I remember correctly. I haven’t had it off-road yet but Yes it will rub when flexed out. I have rubicon fenders on order that I will be swapping out for shortly

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
4.5 If I remember correctly. I haven’t had it off-road yet but Yes it will rub when flexed out. I have rubicon fenders on order that I will be swapping out for shortly
I am waiting on a rubicon flare set as well lol. Been waiting for atleast 4 months now.

onlyone

If you guys are looking to split the factory fenders, you can get the full fender without the liners that are in stock.
Here are the front Rubicon part numbers. They come with the Halogen lights even. I used these because I was doing a fender chop anyway. I just wanted the flares.

6CE70RXFAG

6CE71RXFAG

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys, i am going this route - my quadratec order finally is shipping today, my spidertraxx wheelspacers unfortunately are on backorder as is the rapid air deflator i ordered :(. Now I just need to pick out which 37's i want to go with.

Thank you for contacting us.

Upon checking, the item MOPAR HIGHTOP FLARES TEXTURED JT is already in the process of being packed and put in one of our trucks to be shipped out and delivered to you.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
I’ve got Rubicon fenders I bought from an online dealer (see above reply with part numbers) and sport fenders in the rear I just cut with a Utility knife. I cut the rear liners down and am using paramount front liners. Only 2” of lift. Plenty of space for 37s. View attachment 377737 View attachment 377738
Looking good ! Which lift did you go with ? I was torn between sarge green and granite crystal metallic - if i had it my way i would have probably picked sarge green (had limited choices when i bought my gladiator).

Top Bottom