3" or 4" Plush Rides???

DINKELROC

I'm looking at getting rid of my pro-comp springs (2.5" and worn out) and wanting feedback on 3" or 4" plush rides and why, 37" tires and steel bumper with winch & steel cable. Only want to do this once.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I am looking at buying the 4 inch enforcer kit and run 37s. I want to do the 4 inch because I've read a lot on here and it seems like the census is that if you are a heavier rig go with the 4 inch. If your lighter go with the 3 inch springs. But I have zero experience with that so far.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
With 37s, probably 4", according to my research, unless you run trimmed fenders, but I couldn't be wrong.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Exactly what Mud said. If you're a lighter rig, you can do the 3" no problem. Might have to trim a little sheet metal. Nothing too major though. If you're on the heavier side with armor, and aren't the lightest packer when you go on trips or wheeling. Definitely get the 4" springs.

benatc1

Hooked
I ran 3" plus rides in the front and 4" in the rear on my 2 door, I have a very heavy steel rock hard 4x4 bumper/tire carrier so it kept it level with a smaller bumper/winch on the front. Overall was about 4in of lift, ran 35s- really loved the ride, was smooth and softer than any other springs ive had driven/rode- was very happy. Now that ive switched to a 4 door I will be installing 4 in coils in the front/rear and sticking with 35s for a bit until i get 37s. I think the 35s will look a bit small but will be good for now as itll site near the same as my 2 door. I will not be running a heavy bumper/tire carrier in the rear so it should sit fairly level. Though ride quality is subjective i think you will really enjoy the ride compared to your current set up. Im driving around a stock 4door rubicon right now and honestly think my 2 door with plush rides and rancho 9000XLs drove better so im excited to get he lift swapped over this weekend. if your driving a 4 door, For you id recommend the 4in as the jeep will sag a bit with all the weight but not as much as you'd think. when i had the 4in springs in the front of my 2 door its sat at like 5.5in in the front- was way to much!- probably cut fenders as well being these springs flex incredibly well but can get by with bump stop adjustments.

DINKELROC

Great feedback, thanks all...
I'm pushing 4200lbs unloaded so the 4" will probably work best. That also means new front driveshaft too I'm guessing.
Been putting it off until necessary. Probably lookin at longer shocks and disconnects, track bar mounts, and brake lines too. It's never a small invoice with a jeep!

swampdog

3" or 4" Plush Rides???

Great feedback, thanks all...
I'm pushing 4200lbs unloaded so the 4" will probably work best. That also means new front driveshaft too I'm guessing.
Been putting it off until necessary. Probably lookin at longer shocks and disconnects, track bar mounts, and brake lines too. It's never a small invoice with a jeep!

Jesus that is a light jeep...I would say 3" will do. Are you sure that is right?

Coloradan

I'm running the 3" coils, and the weight of your Jeep makes a huge difference. Going from stock bumpers to EVO bumpers with a 35 on the back and a winch up front really changed the ride height. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472789244.143020.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472789318.107271.jpg

Top Bottom