2015 jeep wrangler

tim73135

Im not a car repair guy so please bear with me... I started to have trouble with my 2015 wrangler in that it wasn't accelerating like it always had and if I accelerated too hard (as to merge onto the highway) or went (past 65mph) the thermostat would creep towards too hot. At 70mph it hovers at 3/4 towards hot, past 75 and it would get dangerously close to overheating. As soon as I slow down it returns to right in the middle. I took it in to the dealership and they said there was a hole in the neck of the reservoir bottle and it had a blown plug.. in all, the repair was a little over 1700.. as soon as I pulled out and went past 65mph, it did the same thing as before.. I took it back to them and they provided a rental.. today they said it was several sensors and a wire harness which they were going to cover.. BUT the radiator had a leak and the bearings in the water pump were going out... to fix those two things it would be 1814 plus tax.. I thought it was a sensor of some sort all along as the overheating issue had everything to do with the speed and it never did it if I wasn't on the highway.. hopefully there are some people on here that know more than me that can shed some light on all this. thanks in advance.

The engine thermostat may be faulty so it is not opening at the set point, or opening enough. Otherwise maybe an engine timing or mixture issue.

Loud Lyle

My 2015 had the exact same issue and I changed the thermostat and the problem disappeared. There are other things that can cause it though such as the water pump.

Top Bottom