2015 Jeep Wrangler traction control light flashing

thonyGux

i replaced the clockspring a few days ago and the traction control light turn off but then i noticed went i turn to the right or left the traction control light flashes and it feels like the abs engaged a little and the jeep lose power, it only does it when i do sharp turns, i didn’t have that problem before i replaced the sensor, the streering is center, so im not sure what’s going on someone told me i need to calibrate the sensor, havent done any work to the jeep so still stock.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bierpower

Hooked
You have a steering angle sensor that trips traction control. You most likely need the steering angle sensor recalibrated because you changed the clock spring.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
instructions I had when I replaced the clock spring on my 2010 JKU

with engine on, turn wheel full right, full left, full right, full left then center, power off, restart and it should be calibrated

Brute

Hooked
instructions I had when I replaced the clock spring on my 2010 JKU

with engine on, turn wheel full right, full left, full right, full left then center, power off, restart and it should be calibrated

If only everything that’s wrong with a Jeep could be fixed this way...

LBROLLER

Mine would stay on after I added 1 ton steering, evo mfg truss with raised track bar bracket. Turns out my Jeep wasn’t perfectly centered over axles

jdofmemi

my friend has one of those scanners and for some reason it didn’t give him the opinion to calibrate the steering angle sensor.

While I don't remember what it is, I seem to recall there is a procedure to calibrate it.

Maybe someone with a better memory of it will chime in.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
You can also use the AEV Procal to center the steering. Most programmers used to calibrate wheel size can reset the sensor and set the steering to center.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

thonyGux

You can also use the AEV Procal to center the steering. Most programmers used to calibrate wheel size can reset the sensor and set the steering to center.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

i’ll buy one then, today i removed the fuses for the ABS just to confirm the it isn’t anything mechanical and it was driving fine! so i know i have to calibrate the sensor. for some reasons my friend scanner didn’t give him the opinion to calibrate the sensor but i can see all the speed sensor working fine and the angle sensor of the steering was 0. i running out of ideas.

clayconway

i’ll buy one then, today i removed the fuses for the ABS just to confirm the it isn’t anything mechanical and it was driving fine! so i know i have to calibrate the sensor. for some reasons my friend scanner didn’t give him the opinion to calibrate the sensor but i can see all the speed sensor working fine and the angle sensor of the steering was 0. i running out of ideas.

Did you ever fix this?

Top Bottom