2014 Jeep JK Steering Stabilizer

AztecHulk

Hello everyone. I have a question regarding a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. My steering stabilizer went bad about 6 months ago. I purchased a Terra Flex stabilizer. I installed it and that’s the end. No issues or so I thought. Little by little I hit even a small bump and it’s as if I trying to avoid a dang deer on the road. Tons of movement. I only have one stabilizer installed where the factory one was. Is there something I can do? Any tips how to fix this? I understand the Jeep will have movement because of the wind but it’s getting ridiculous. Any help would be appreciated.
Stephen from San Antonio

Attachments

• A5E72D4E-B0AD-4BC1-89A2-35EFCE9E55F8.jpeg
    A5E72D4E-B0AD-4BC1-89A2-35EFCE9E55F8.jpeg
    256.1 KB · Views: 4

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, the only stabilizer I ever run is OE. I have found the aftermarket ones to offer too little resistance or too much.

trailraider

yep , go back to O.E .

I ran an fox one for a bit but it created a pulling sensation from the tension it had. went back to OE . problem solved.

bmkrinne

yep , go back to O.E .

I ran an fox one for a bit but it created a pulling sensation from the tension it had. went back to OE . problem solved.
I may have the same issue with my Bilstein, Jeep pulls slightly to the left at highway speeds. I remember having to push the stabilizer rod in to connect it. I think I just learned something today! It’s a good day!!! Thanks!

TrailHunter

Hooked
Rancho has a stabilizer shock as well that is similar to stock in that its not directional. Has worked great for me.

To the OP.. You probably have other problems in your steering.. worn parts, bad toe alignment, unit bearings, ball joints etc.. if everything is solid you don't even need the stabilizer… as parts start to wear the stabilizer just helps mask that uncomfortable feeling a little.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I am running the Rancho stabilizer shock as well and no issues at all! 👍🏼
I had steering issues with my 2018 JL OEM trackbar bushing was bad caused some death wobble, also had wondering found I had some flex in the steering box and frame so I added the Synergy font track bar brace and sector shaft brace and wow for me it’s night and day better!

Top Bottom