2014 engine on, in park, console click when brake is depressed

BitBucket

Just got my car washed and now when jeep is in park and I depress brake pedal a loud click comes from the console/shfter area. This has never happened before. I think it is the solenoid / interlock thing that allows me to shift out of park with the brake depressed.
Anybody experience this? So far I can still shift out of park.
Thanks

WJCO

Meme King
Some are louder than others, but strange you never noticed it before. Assuming the stoplamp switch activates the shift interlock solenoid, just double check that your brake lights are working. Which I assume will be just to rule the switch out as a possible cause. I just don't see how a car wash would have affected that circuit at all.

BitBucket

Some are louder than others, but strange you never noticed it before. Assuming the stoplamp switch activates the shift interlock solenoid, just double check that your brake lights are working. Which I assume will be just to rule the switch out as a possible cause. I just don't see how a car wash would have affected that circuit at all.

Agreed, never a sound before but now a loud click. The car wash drove it and parked it but makes no sense to me why it would be different now.
Thanks for the reply and I will check brake lights.

TRLJNKY

My 07's loud as hell if I have the key on with engine off. Been that way for as long as I can remember. Now that you brought it up again its going to drive me freakin nuts because Im paying attention to it again lol. Honestly its been harmless on my end. Normal operation I dont even notice it anymore. Well until this post 😂

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

WJCO

Meme King
I just listened to ours, it's pretty noticeable. I wouldn't have noticed it until this thread came up, lol.

BitBucket

My 07's loud as hell if I have the key on with engine off. Been that way for as long as I can remember. Now that you brought it up again its going to drive me freakin nuts because Im paying attention to it again lol. Honestly its been harmless on my end. Normal operation I dont even notice it anymore. Well until this post 😂

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

That is good to know. Won't sweat it now :)

Top Bottom