2014 4dr JK driver door mirror rattle.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
The mirror on my driver side door rattles while I’m driving, when I close the door, even when sitting at idle. The mount is tight, as is the housing. The mirror itself is what rattles. What I would like to know is how to take it apart to find what is loose. Anybody know how or could point me to a video of it?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Bear_JT

Hooked
I have the same problem. I have seen a picture or video a while back of how to replace the glass part alone. I believe there is plastic clips or tabs that hold it into the housing. One of yours is probably broken.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

fiend

Caught the Bug
There’s a ball and socket behind the glass. As I recall there’s a spring and a tensioning screw. I’d guess that’s what’s loose and rattling. The glass has a plastic thing glued to it. The plastic thing ha some tabs that lock into the ball and socket thing. You need to remove the glass by unlocking those tabs to get access to the screw to tighten it. Last (and only) time I did it, I broke the glass and had to replace it. Good luck.

There’s a ball and socket behind the glass. As I recall there’s a spring and a tensioning screw. I’d guess that’s what’s loose and rattling. The glass has a plastic thing glued to it. The plastic thing ha some tabs that lock into the ball and socket thing. You need to remove the glass by unlocking those tabs to get access to the screw to tighten it. Last (and only) time I did it, I broke the glass and had to replace it. Good luck.

Thank you.

Buy a new mirror. They are cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Might have to, it sounds like...

Top Bottom