2008 JK 2 Door - To many options, where to start?

mbush0627

So I am not new to off-roading, but I am new to Jeep. I just recently purchased my new to me 2008 2 door and I absolutely love this platform. It rides a little loose and makes a few creaks but I understand what all the Jeep people have been saying for all these years now. But what I have seen is there is a huge aftermarket for Jeep parts and accessories, which makes it a little overwhelming at times. I have watched countless videos on product reviews for suspension parts, wheel and tire combos, and engine enhancements to make the Jeep a little more fun and a little more reliable.

But my question is, where do I start?

I have a passion for off-roading so I know that I am going to want to do a lift and at least 37" tires ASAP. I am looking for an affordable entry level option as I don't want to go balls to the wall right out of the gate. So I am reaching out to the group and asking for some suggestions to make my Jeep a great daily and a reliable off-roader.

Any help is greatly appreciated to this Noob! :)

Docbob

So I am not new to off-roading, but I am new to Jeep. I just recently purchased my new to me 2008 2 door and I absolutely love this platform. It rides a little loose and makes a few creaks but I understand what all the Jeep people have been saying for all these years now. But what I have seen is there is a huge aftermarket for Jeep parts and accessories, which makes it a little overwhelming at times. I have watched countless videos on product reviews for suspension parts, wheel and tire combos, and engine enhancements to make the Jeep a little more fun and a little more reliable.

But my question is, where do I start?

I have a passion for off-roading so I know that I am going to want to do a lift and at least 37" tires ASAP. I am looking for an affordable entry level option as I don't want to go balls to the wall right out of the gate. So I am reaching out to the group and asking for some suggestions to make my Jeep a great daily and a reliable off-roader.

Any help is greatly appreciated to this Noob! :)

Upvote 0
Top Bottom