2.5" lift and 38's on a JLUR?

Bloodthirsty

Just ordered some 38/12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Also ordered a set of Method wheels 0 Offset and 4.75 backspacing.
I'm REALLY hoping that this setup works without spacers but now I'm second guessing myself with the offset.
Anyone know if a -12 or so offset would be better?
Also I'm on a 2.5" Evo lift. Keeping fingers crossed that I won't need a fender trim as I love the stock look. Anybody have a similar setup and pics?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You're wheels are the least of your problems. You might have some rubbing at a full turn but that can be corrected by adjusting your steer stops. That said, there is no way you're gonna clear those tires at a flex without doing some trimming of the rear inner fender liners at the very least. You really need to be running 3.5" of lift to clear without any modifications. Trust me, I speak from experience.

Bloodthirsty

You're wheels are the least of your problems. You might have some rubbing at a full turn but that can be corrected by adjusting your steer stops. That said, there is no way you're gonna clear those tires at a flex without doing some trimming of the rear inner fender liners at the very least. You really need to be running 3.5" of lift to clear without any modifications. Trust me, I speak from experience.
Appreciate it. Maybe 37's are the better option right now? This EVO lift was a BIG investment so not trying to change that anytime soon.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Appreciate it. Maybe 37's are the better option right now? This EVO lift was a BIG investment so not trying to change that anytime soon.
If you got the EVO coil lift, you will get more than 2.5" of actual lift and you should be okay with 37's. The rear fender liner might still rub a bit at a full flex but that's easy to address.

Bloodthirsty

If you got the EVO coil lift, you will get more than 2.5" of actual lift and you should be okay with 37's. The rear fender liner might still rub a bit at a full flex but that's easy to address.
Yeah, I have the Evo Enforcer Overland Stage 4 2.5 with Kings.

CalSgt

Hooked
My 37 13.50's rubbed in several places with 2" of lift and 4.75" BS wheels...

FYI you could always swap the springs for taller ones if you want without replacing the entire stage 4 kit you already bought, the springs are probably the most affordable component of the kit. Your used springs would probably go fast on craiglist as well.

Depending on which shocks you chose to run they may be able to work with the taller springs as well, you would need to research what part number they are and what lift heights they work with. I ran the same rancho's with my 2" and 3.5" lifts just fine.

Top Bottom