‘21 TPMS Reset

ScoobyCarolanNC

Well like every other friggin thing TPMS sensors had to get more complicated. I have a ‘21 Gladiator and I got new wheels, tires, and sensors. I guess the new sensors won’t ‘marry’ to my truck. I ran them for 50 miles at 35psi daily driving. I ran them for 20 miles continuous on the highway. I lowered the tires to 25psi, drove around and then filled them up with the engine running. Nothing. Any other ideas on how to get the new sensors (from Discount Tire, they warned me it was a weird system and would take a bit) to register?

benatc1

Hooked
The ones I bought on Amazon synced within the first 10 miles or so. I haven’t heard of the Jeeps being an issue, they very well may be, it seems you’ve drove enough so they may have either put in the wrong ones or not put them in. I think some brands might need to have the RF or whatever “flashed” maybe between discount and a dealer they can sort that out, but idk

ScoobyCarolanNC

OK y'all. Shout out to @Discount Tire in Raleigh! In the middle of model year 2021 (It looks like in June of 21) Jeep switched the programming of the TPMS sensors. So when you get new sensors there is a reference to 'Early Model' or 'Late Model'. Early 21's are everything with a build date BEFORE 06/21 which is on the plate in your driver's side door. Again the sensors are the same but they have a different program. The guys at DT took their scan tool and flashed my sensors from Late Model to Early Model and they lit up in 5 minutes!

trailraider

in June of 21 they went to Continental TPMS sensors, most likely due to supply shortages. We are restricted to ordering some sensors . 1 in 7 days. so if you need a set of 4 and have not inventory well I guess you wait a month.(if no one is in line before you.)

Just looking around and found this thread about something I'm experiencing currently. I just had my local Discount Tire store install/mount/balance my new tire/wheel setup and my TPMS keeps throwing an error and not reading right after I startup my vehicle. So, I have a Tazer and disabled the TPMS for now but I think I'm gonna call my local DT store and have them rescan the sensors and make sure they are working correctly. My JT is a later build... I'll make sure to mention that as well when I go back. Thanks

slaugero

I have a 2018 JKU RUBICON and I just put on Raceline Beadlocks. I removed the TPMS sensors from the stock rims and installed them into the new rims. I attempted to recalibrate the TPMS with out any luck. Any ideas.

Thanks
Steve

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have a 2018 JKU RUBICON and I just put on Raceline Beadlocks. I removed the TPMS sensors from the stock rims and installed them into the new rims. I attempted to recalibrate the TPMS with out any luck. Any ideas.

Thanks
Steve
JL and JK are different. There is no calibrating on the JK. You just drive and they reset. Always quick. Maybe you installed incorrectly?

slaugero

I guess that would be my next question . Can I install them incorrectly ? Does the sensor have to be pointed a specific direction?

Thanks again
Steve

Last edited:
I guess that would be my next question . Can I install them incorrectly ? Does the sensor have to be pointed a specific direction?

Thanks again
Steve
Being that they were the original sensors and not even a completely new set, they should sync up just fine. Assuming you gave them a good drive on the highway as well? When installed the sensor lays pretty close to flat on the wheel. Other than that it's pretty straight forward.

slaugero

Being that they were the original sensors and not even a completely new set, they should sync up just fine. Assuming you gave them a good drive on the highway as well? When installed the sensor lays pretty close to flat on the wheel. Other than that it's pretty straight forward.
Ok great. Thanks for the info. The one thing I did not do was take them for a decent drive.

sipafz

Caught the Bug

Thanks again
Steve
Sensors are usually meant to be mounted only one way so they lay close to the rim. If they are backwards they stick out from the rim a may potentially be damaged while installing the tire and setting the bead.

slaugero

Sensors are usually meant to be mounted only one way so they lay close to the rim. If they are backwards they stick out from the rim a may potentially be damaged while installing the tire and setting the bead.
Thank you sipafz.

CD2

Caught the Bug
Got a '21 Renegade.
My local DT said they would not install any TMPS that wasnt a factory part .
Dealer wants just over 100 bucks for a sensor and have to order.

Another dealership some distance away said 65 bucks, have em in stock. Ill be passing through that burg and will stop and check.

I bought five new sensors from Americas/Discount and after a few thousands miles one just up and quit when I did a rotation. Then all of a sudden it started working again on one of our runs. Then all of sudden it quit working again when we finished the run. It was magical. Can’t wait to take apart the wheel so I can get it replaced and then put the wheel back together again. Lol

Top Bottom