Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Fresh Catch

I NEED HELP (jku) I messed up off roading

I let a buddy drive while I recorded while we were on a trail. Kind you my jku was completely stock suspension. So he tries to go over something we didn't have the clearance for and he busted my whole drivers side suspension.
    My first question is..... is it really bad ??
    Second: is what is now currently damaged or broken replaceable through a spring and shock lift kit. The whole kit and kaboodle? And if you know of a lift around the $600-$800 range that can either get everything going againIMG_6552.jpgIMG_6553.jpgIMG_6555.jpgIMG_6554.jpg or just about can you share the link with me ??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch

My jk drivers side suspension is busted

I let a buddy drive while I recorded while we were on a trail. Mind IMG_6552.jpgIMG_6553.jpgIMG_6554.jpgIMG_6555.jpgyou my jku was completely stock suspension. So he tries to go over something we didn't have the clearance for and he busted my whole drivers side suspension.
    Second: is what is now currently damaged or broken replaceable through a spring and shock lift kit. And if you know of a lift around the $600-$800 range that can either get everything going again or just about can you share the link with me ??

Been Around the Block Tylersilverjku's Avatar
    Well I'm no expert but I'd have to say your tie rod is bent but could be bent back, the drag link looks unfixable, the coil purches look bent and also the shock mounts seem are broke off too... also if your axle is bent you need a new one... there's probably more we can't see it looks pretty bad...

Dang. Need drag link, tie rod, shocks...I don't even see your springs.

I'd start by not letting him drive again.

A standard lift kit with drag link flip will have all that. It won't be $600. If you want to get up and going cheap, jump on Craigslist and FB right now and find someone that has a Rubicon and just put a lift on. You'll need all 4 springs (unless yours is a Rubi, in which case you can just replace the broken ones), shocks (they should be red), drag link, and track bar too if they have it (can't tell if yours is damaged or not).

This is to day nothing of ball joints. When you jack up a wheel, is there play in it when you push on it?

Looks like your wheel is jacked up too. Again, Craigslist and FB are your friends. If those aren't anything special, you can usually find a set of 5 takeoffs from a Sport for around $200

And what's hanging down to the ground in the 3rd pic?

Your bill is getting pretty large at this point.

May also want to take some measurements of the frame and see if that got twisted at all.

Knows a Thing or Two Speedy_RCW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by New_Jeeper View Post
    I let a buddy drive while I recorded while we were on a trail. Kind you my jku was completely stock suspension. So he tries to go over something we didn't have the clearance for and he busted my whole drivers side suspension.
    Second: is what is now currently damaged or broken replaceable through a spring and shock lift kit. The whole kit and kaboodle? And if you know of a lift around the $600-$800 range that can either get everything going againIMG_6552.jpgIMG_6553.jpgIMG_6555.jpgIMG_6554.jpg or just about can you share the link with me ??

Welcome to WAL. Stop by and give us a wave. As for your...umm....predicament....it's hard to tell what all is broken. Tie rod and drag link for sure need replaced. Looks like your mounts are jacked on the axle and it's very possible the axle could be bent. It also looks like your axle is heavily rotated forward so I'm assuming either your control arms and/or mounts are broke. Your springs are probably okay but I can't see them, do you even still have them? The only way you're getting that thing back together for 800 is getting all take off parts and that's only if you can pick up another 30 for super cheap. Post some pictures of the axle from the pinion side so we can see the control arm mounts and driveshaft.

Before anyone gives any advice you need to post this video. This has to be epic for someone to fuck shit up that back.

2012 Jeep Wrangler

Holy shit.... not enough clearance and doing highway speed? That's going to need some serious help.

I hope you took your friend's shoes away before you tied him to the bumper to pull you home.

Knows a Thing or Two Speedy_RCW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Before anyone gives any advice you need to post this video. This has to be epic for someone to fuck shit up that back.

^^^^^ agreed

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app