Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fresh Catch

RL206's 2013 JKU Journal

Hey guys, figured I'd start a thread and keep a little bit of a journal to track progress of my Jeep and trips w/ it.

I picked up a 2013 JKU Sport 2/2017

Main goal is to have fun w/ it but ultimately, it will probably be based around somewhat of an overland style, as I camp and do road trips pretty frequently.

Fresh Catch
    2013 JKU Sport
    3.6L
    6spd
    22k miles
    Soft Top
    Originally from Vegas, but shes not a dirty girl

Previous owner hit something and cracked the front bumper cover and had some mild rust going on the metal so found it easier to replace w/ a stock one I snagged from the local 4x4 swapmeet for $10

Here she is in all of her stock glory.

IMG_0702 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

IMG_0703 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

IMG_0706B by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Nice. Enjoy your new Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Thanks, definitely will!

Been Around the Block AZ Explorer's Avatar
    I like the overland stuff. I always have it in the back of my mind to to get a cheap older JK in a few years so I can build a second Jeep in the overland style. Not everybody's a rock crawler and that's okay. Around here people do tend to laugh at the word overlanding saying is is just an uppity way of saying camping. It's all in good fun though. Look forward to your build.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Explorer View Post
    I like the overland stuff. I always have it in the back of my mind to to get a cheap older JK in a few years so I can build a second Jeep in the overland style. Not everybody's a rock crawler and that's okay. Around here people do tend to laugh at the word overlanding saying is is just an uppity way of saying camping. It's all in good fun though. Look forward to your build.
    It is lol, however, I plan to do a bunch of it. I actually have an interview on Friday and and get word Monday following, so this rig could start moving along faster than I had hoped.

I have always wanted to go to Moab and want to be capable of going there having fun and not worrying the entire time of parts breaking. Time will tell though!

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Explorer View Post
    I've felt the same way. Would like to have 2 jks. One for wheeling and one for camping.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two BananaJeep's Avatar
    Nice Jeep
    - Samuel
    2006 Jeep TJ
    "The Banana Jeep"

Fresh Catch
    Not much of an update, but decided w/ a couple getaway's in the picture, I'd snag a Smittybilt seat cover and ditch using a towel to try to keep the seat a bit cleaner and stay more organized.
    I know I'll get some flack but this is the only Smittybilt product I plan on using. I made a first aid kit and put what recovery gear I do have in the pouches and will snag some more to fill it up as time goes.

IMG_0708 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

IMG_0709 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr