Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Knows a Thing or Two 10abadilla/jk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Santa Ynez, CA
    Posts
    905
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    This is a 4 inch zone lift. It came with bump stop extensions, but I also added 1 hockey puck on each side of the front axle and 2 hockey bucks on each side of the rear axle. This was to keep the tires from eating the fenders. And you will have to trim the body to fit 33s on a 4 inch lift. This is when I still had my D30 axle. Make sure whatever lift you get comes with proper steering correction to keep the track bar and drag link parallel, the Zone one did not. I had bump steer the whole time.

    Attachment 249105

    Now I have a different axle in front and the bump stops are completely custom and different.
    When you say hockey puck are you referring to actual hockey pucks modded to become bump stops or is that a type of bump stop extension? The reason I ask is I have actually seen people use hockey pucks. I am curious because I need bump stop extensions on the front and if that is a successful and inexpensive way I might give it a try. I apologize if I hi jacked this thread.

    Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #12
    Old Timer GraniteCrystal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4,349
    Quote Originally Posted by 10abadilla/jk View Post
    When you say hockey puck are you referring to actual hockey pucks modded to become bump stops or is that a type of bump stop extension? The reason I ask is I have actually seen people use hockey pucks. I am curious because I need bump stop extensions on the front and if that is a successful and inexpensive way I might give it a try. I apologize if I hi jacked this thread.

    Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Ha. I asked him the same thing on our first trail run together.

  3. #13
    Nothing but a Thing 2nd.gunman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,773

    The Official I Hate wayoflife / Eddie Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rumblebee3 View Post
    I take it WJ's are the outcast child? My wife and I are desperately hoping to get a 2012 or newer Rubicon soon. We bought the WJ for winter and I decided to keep it and Build It Up but not too extreme just because it's going to be my daily driver now. My Ram doesn't get that great gas mileage running 40's and driving about 90 miles a day LOL. I would love to build the WJ up with a 6 inch suspension lift and 33s but I'm afraid the wife might say no. Maybe I'll accidentally order 6-inch Springs instead of 4-1/2

    Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Plenty of people on here either own a WJ or have owned one in the past so I wouldn't say outcast child but plenty of the haters like to point out when someone doesn't have a JK like it's a bad thing and WJs are one of the main targets.

    Also you will definitely need to trim for 33s on a 4" lift. I had 31.5s with a 2" lift on my WJ and it rubbed lightly everywhere! 32s and I would have been reaching for the sawzall


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #14
    Knows a Thing or Two 10abadilla/jk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Santa Ynez, CA
    Posts
    905
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    Ha. I asked him the same thing on our first trail run together.
    What was he running? Actual hockey pucks?

    Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #15
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    15,141
    Quote Originally Posted by rumblebee3 View Post
    Man that's a good looking rig! Awesome advice... Thank you! And since I'm new to the whole solid axle scene(RAM is I.F.S.)....I'm assuming by hockey pucks you are meaning coil spacers or wheel spacers? And I will definitely need the advice on keeping everything in line. I don't want those problems if I can avoid them. I wish I could just upgrade to Rubicon axles right away but that's not in the realistic budget...YET!

    Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by 10abadilla/jk View Post
    When you say hockey puck are you referring to actual hockey pucks modded to become bump stops or is that a type of bump stop extension? The reason I ask is I have actually seen people use hockey pucks. I am curious because I need bump stop extensions on the front and if that is a successful and inexpensive way I might give it a try. I apologize if I hi jacked this thread.

    Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    Ha. I asked him the same thing on our first trail run together.
    Quote Originally Posted by 10abadilla/jk View Post
    What was he running? Actual hockey pucks?

    Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thanks. Actual hockey pucks. Cheap used ones on eBay. I glued mine but some people drill holes and use longer bolts.
    Last edited by WJCO; 03-20-2017 at 10:14 PM.

  6. #16
    Been Around the Block BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by 10abadilla/jk View Post
    When you say hockey puck are you referring to actual hockey pucks modded to become bump stops or is that a type of bump stop extension? The reason I ask is I have actually seen people use hockey pucks. I am curious because I need bump stop extensions on the front and if that is a successful and inexpensive way I might give it a try. I apologize if I hi jacked this thread.

    Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Hockey pucks drilled and threaded into the bump stop landing pad (for lack of a better term)... I had to buy a bag of them to get a decent price. If you want some, you're more than welcome.


    20170203_183411.jpg

    Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #17
    Knows a Thing or Two 10abadilla/jk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Santa Ynez, CA
    Posts
    905
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Thanks. Actual hockey pucks. Cheap used ones on eBay. I glued mine but some people drill holes and use longer bolts.
    Wow I will give the hockey puck a try.

    Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #18
    Knows a Thing or Two 10abadilla/jk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Santa Ynez, CA
    Posts
    905
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Hockey pucks drilled and threaded into the bump stop landing pad (for lack of a better term)... I had to buy a bag of them to get a decent price. If you want some, you're more than welcome.


    20170203_183411.jpg

    Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I would definitely like the give that a try. They came out great. Thank you!

    Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •