Close

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Can you explain how they make the turn radius small with that wide of an axle? I know when I briefly ran 2.75 backspacing (wheels with spacers) my turning radius felt massive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    •|||||||• 2015 Unlimited Sport S Baja Yellow
    Auto / 4.56 Gears / G2 35 Spline ARB Front, Ected Rear Axle / Alpine 9-Speakers & Sub / MC 3.5" w 6pak shocks / 31570R17 Cooper STT Pros

While my XD60 front axle has the older Pro 60 carried over from the ProRock 60, it is a bad ass axle. Beefy has hell with those massive axle tubes. It's great having the confidence
    To use the skinny pedal when needed with no worries about breaking anything.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 Anvil Rubicon Unlimited
    Evo Mfg Double Throwdown suspension w/Evo Lever
    Evo Mfg high clearance long arms
    Evo Mfg PR60 high steer w/PSC hydraulic assist
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle
    Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle
    ARB lockers & 5.38 gears
    JE Reel 1350 front/1410 rear driveshafts
    Evo Mfg rocker/corner armor/bumper
    17" ATX Slabs & 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Proud to be one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001 - 2010. Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by chitown35 View Post
    Can you explain how they make the turn radius small with that wide of an axle? I know when I briefly ran 2.75 backspacing (wheels with spacers) my turning radius felt massive.
    There's a lot more to turning radius than steering angle and wheel back spacing. What really makes a difference is reducing or eliminating scrub radius. To do this, the steering axis inclination needs to meet as close as possible to the center line of the wheel and where the rubber meets the road. This allows your wheels to pivot instead of scrub and that improves your steering considerably.

A very informative, interesting and awesome post (and upgrade!). Congrats on the new axle with awesome innovations! Can't wait to see some shots of it out on the trails.
    The build of "Equinso-Ocha", aka White Devil:
    http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...White-Devil%29

Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    While my XD60 front axle has the older Pro 60 carried over from the ProRock 60, it is a bad ass axle. Beefy has hell with those massive axle tubes. It's great having the confidence
    To use the skinny pedal when needed with no worries about breaking anything.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Pro 60. We've been running it for over 8 years and well over 100,000 miles on Moby - the exact same setup and without any changes to it. Still doing it's job great. The Pro 1550 is just a new and more advanced version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    There's a lot more to turning radius than steering angle and wheel back spacing. What really makes a difference is reducing or eliminating scrub radius. To do this, the steering axis inclination needs to meet as close as possible to the center line of the wheel and where the rubber meets the road. This allows your wheels to pivot instead of scrub and that improves your steering considerably.
    Lol I am going to need to find a good video tomorrow. It's past my thinking hours.
    •|||||||• 2015 Unlimited Sport S Baja Yellow
    Auto / 4.56 Gears / G2 35 Spline ARB Front, Ected Rear Axle / Alpine 9-Speakers & Sub / MC 3.5" w 6pak shocks / 31570R17 Cooper STT Pros

Do the Pro 1550 knuckle come standard on all XD60s? Like the ones that come in the "elite pro rock" axle combo (60/80) ?

So bad ass, those knuckles are massive, one day when a double throw down is in play, this will be on the list! Rubicat is ready for 40s!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Excellent write-up. I really appreciate all the photos with explanations.
    Love the way the 5.5 backspace wheels cover/protect the ball joints and calipers.

Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Do the Pro 1550 knuckle come standard on all XD60s? Like the ones that come in the "elite pro rock" axle combo (60/80) ?
    No, the Pro 1550 does not come standard on a XD60 but if I recall, it is included if you get the Elite ProRock XD60/80 axle combo.