Close

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Hooked

Oh boy! Great write up and 6 months of wait was quite tedious I suppose. Thanks for the eye candy shots and making me feel J of the setup you have.. Really liked your efforts in translating the learning to us
    ---
    I went to School, but I never learnt what I wanted to!!!

Fresh Catch

Cool Xd 60

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    For comparison, here are a few shots of Rubicat with her new 72.5" XD60 axle standing next to Dynatrac's JK which is running a standard 68.5" axle. Both axles have the PRO 1550 steering knuckles installed, both JK's are running Trail Ready bead lock wheels with 5.5" of back spacing and with 13.50" wide tires.
    Looks Awesome! Great timing, I just received my 68.5 width XD 60 Friday and it was nice to see how it will look once its all bolted up. Thanks for all the DTD info as I was not aware that there is some rub issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mudmobeeler View Post
    Bad ass axle! Thanks for the write up!
    Glad you enjoyed the write-up

Quote Originally Posted by scrhino View Post
    As much as our wheels/beadlocks get scratched up, how likely is the locking hub going to get scratched/damaged?
    I suppose it depends on how you wheel your Jeep. For sure, the hubs are a bit more expose but not so much that I'd loose any sleep over it. While my rear rings typically get beat to all hell, it's because it's a lot harder to get a rear axle to do what you want and more times than not, your rear tires can fall off a good line and end up getting dragged through an obstacle. Up front and if necessary, with the help of a spotter, it's a lot easier to get and keep your tires on top of a threatening obstacles. At least, for me anyway. Of course, I don't even run an oil pan or transmission skid on Moby so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    Eddie-

After reading up your difference between rubicats setup and the dynatrac jeep....since I have been curious about this and our stupid ass fender issues, The standard width PR60 combo combined with 5.5" backspace would work with bolt on coilovers and be the only real way to keep the wheels/tires from sticking out too far correct? I do understand that the mopar highline fenders are wider than stock.
    Unfortunately, I don't think you can run 5.5" of back spacing on a ProRock 60 unless you run a 20" wheel. The steering arms on a Pro 60 knuckle will get in the way of a 17" wheel. If I'm wrong on this, maybe Dynatrac will come on and correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by icufltrn View Post
    I haven't even gotten my PR44 installed yet and I am wanting to upgrade it. Dynatrac is the shit!!
    Sorry about that

Super informative post. Thanks for sharing, I love geeking out on hardware like this.

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    Shows the level of dedication they have to the hobby
    Absolutely! It's one of the biggest reasons we love them so much

Quote Originally Posted by SDG View Post
    That makes sense. Nice thanks for the clarification on that. That was one thing that popped out at me when I was looking at the pics.

I hope to see you guys out on the trail sometime soon.
    Indeed! Been way too long. We were hoping to catch you at the last suds-n-grub but I'm sure there will be a next time

Quote Originally Posted by Amrth View Post
    Oh boy! Great write up and 6 months of wait was quite tedious I suppose. Thanks for the eye candy shots and making me feel J of the setup you have.. Really liked your efforts in translating the learning to us
    The wait was tough but oh so worth it especially being that we got to learn so much. Fortunately, we have Moby so it wasn't like we were without a Jeep to wheel

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconJohn View Post
    Looks Awesome! Great timing, I just received my 68.5 width XD 60 Friday and it was nice to see how it will look once its all bolted up. Thanks for all the DTD info as I was not aware that there is some rub issues.
    Yep, unless you're running 3.5" of back spacing, you will rub the bypass shocks up front even with a 68.5" axle. Going 72.5" allowed us to run 5.5" of back spacing while keeping the EXACT same width as we were and not have any rubbing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoss View Post
    Super informative post. Thanks for sharing, I love geeking out on hardware like this.
    LOL!! Me too. Glad you enjoyed the post

Caught the Bug

Unfortunately, I don't think you can run 5.5" of back spacing on a ProRock 60 unless you run a 20" wheel. The steering arms on a Pro 60 knuckle will get in the way of a 17" wheel. If I'm wrong on this, maybe Dynatrac will come on and correct me.

Sorry about that

So what is the BS range for the PR60? I have 17" wheels with 4.5" BS. Will this work?
    Am I perfect? No. But do I strive to be better person every single day of my life? Also no.

Go Gamecocks!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cock Father View Post
    So what is the BS range for the PR60? I have 17" wheels with 4.5" BS. Will this work?
    Unfortunately, I'm not 100% sure. I know that it'll work with 4" of back spacing but you might want to contact Dynatrac to confirm that 4.5" will work as well.

We are excited to see the positive response. If you've asked us a question, we need time to go over each one and make sure we answer accurately. Please be patient as we're working to answer everyone, and thanks for the questions!

www.dynatrac.com
    Customer Support Phone: 714-596-4461
    Customer Support email: expeditor@dynatrac.com

Unfortunately, I'm not 100% sure. I know that it'll work with 4" of back spacing but you might want to contact Dynatrac to confirm that 4.5" will work as well.
    Our earlier Pro60 wheel end that is still available will also accept most 5.5" BS x 17-inch wheels. Some wheels and some steering configurations may not apply, so this is not a blanket answer for everyone. But if you you have a ProRock 60F (XD or Gen-1) with our earlier Pro60 wheel end with our crossover steering for a JK, most wheels should not be a problem.

Even with the 5.5" BS wheel the Pro60 does not offer the reduced scrub radius of the new 1550 wheel end.

www.dynatrac.com
    Customer Support Phone: 714-596-4461
    Customer Support email: expeditor@dynatrac.com