Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Motech swap questions with Gen IV 480hp LS3 crate engine

Quote Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
    I'm running 60 front, Sterling rear, and 41.5" Pitbulls. For the crawling we do, I would like to run the numbers on a 4 speed if the computer doesn't have a problem with it(?).

Eddie has a different primary use case being in Nevada. You're from Auburn - ever go to Chocco? The guys I've seen do Boatramp have been ultra low geared going slow and I've seen bouncers throw big HP at it and not make it.

Motech - thanks for the overview. Sounds like both of y'all agree 5.38s would be ok, if a little torquey, with 40-42s. I may just want to swap out or regear(if possible) the Atlas. Figured I would need to change the input, maybe just do that and see how much I like/hate it and go from there when the time for the conversion comes.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    I live at nearly 6k feet in northern AZ, and frequently drive long, steep mountain grades on I17 in AZ, so I'll for sure be staying with the 5.38 gears in my Dynatrac axles. By swapping in the 241J with the 2.72:1 low range I'll be just fine offroad. If I ever break the xfer case or adapter I'll go to an Atlas II.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Based on what motech is saying I may switch to the 3.0 Atlas or just stick with my 2.72. Hard to know exactly what is the best route to take.

Never been to Choco but been to windrock several times.
    Liston

2010 JKUR LS3 6.2 430 HP / 6L80
    Instagram: black_rhino_jk

EVO suspension and bumpers. Warn Powerplant.
    Dynatrac axles and brakes.
    Rockhard 4x4 sportcage.
    37x12.50x17 Trail Grapplers on Atx Slabs.

You guys make me jealous. Good luck with the swap. If I could only win the lottery. Gotta buy a house instead.

Liston, you sending your jeep to ORE or doing it at home for the axle swap?
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.!

13 JKUR - white, 09 JKUR - white (sold), stock 85 CJ7 - red
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now).

Quote Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
    With the proposed engine/trans in this thread (430/495 6l80), what gearing does Motech recommend for Atlas TC and axles? I have 5.38 in my axles and a 4.3 Atlas II currently in my 2014 3.6l. Wondering if it would be worthwhile sending to AA to redo the current Atlas or buy new. Anyone run a 4speed? I also have a PSC pump/hydro assist already and appreciate the early info.
    You'll want to change the gearing in your Atlas to 3.8 or 3.0. If cradling is what you do most go 3.8. If driving fast off road do 3.0.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been Around the Block
    Gearing in the TC should be checked in relationship to the trans gearing , axle gears and tire size...I played for hours using Grimmjeeper gearing calculator before I decided on 5.38's and a 3.8 Atlas.

Your result will will be whats best you.

Advertiser

Been Around the Block
    The Alt bracket pulleys....JK's or Chevy's or ??

Advertiser
    Quote Originally Posted by 2011jk View Post
    The Alt bracket pulleys....JK's or Chevy's or ??
    We support both the GM and JK accessories, I feel the stock JK accessories with our billet brackets are the best choice.

With the MoTech billet brackets the accessories go back where they were using the stock hoses, lines and electrical connectors; in addition, there are no interferences with the steering gear, frame rail or UCA like there can be with the GM drive.