Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcale View Post
    Can't confirm for around the Springs but for the Denver area here is a quick list depending on traffic it might take a little over 2 hours:
    Is it really so hard for people to read and follow instructions?

Perhaps I should just Remove Colorado from places that can be listed. Clearly, you guys have soooooo many trails 1.5 hours or less from your home that nothing there is even worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Is it really so hard for people to read and follow instructions?

Perhaps I should just Remove Colorado from places that can be listed. Clearly, you guys have soooooo many trails 1.5 hours or less from your home that nothing there is even worth mentioning.
    Sorry, I am at work and spent enough time removing the hyperlinks from all those trails as you asked that we don't post GPS locations or maps. If it makes you happy I can add all the mileage, route times and post pictures of several of those that I ran over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcale View Post
    Sorry, I am at work and spent enough time removing the hyperlinks from all those trails as you asked that we don't post GPS locations or maps. If it makes you happy I can add all the mileage, route times and post pictures of several of those that I ran over the summer.
    Not sure how copying names from TrailDamage would have pasted hyperlinks, GPS coordinates and maps with them but, okay. I've been to and wheeled Colorado and I know you guys think very highly about how many trails you think you have but you've been smoking way too much of your own dope if you really think that ALL of them are within 1.5 hours of your homes. All I'm saying is that if there really are "too many to mention", I suppose they aren't worth mentioning at all. That being said, yes, it would be great if you or anyone else could please post up trails, how far it is from your home and how long it takes to get there ALONG WITH a photo of your Jeep on that trail.

Rausch Creek and AOAA or AAOA, not sure which. Both about 1.5 hours from Stewartstown Pa.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

From Boulder, Colorado, here's a few that are close by.

Middle St Vrain, Moderate for around here, lots of rocks, a couple obstacles, several water crossings.
    29 miles, about 45 minutes away.

IMG_20160813_103826826.jpg

Coney Flats
    32 miles, about 45 minutes away. A couple obstacles, lots of rocks, pretty views, large water crossing.

c2.jpg

Brt Rd
    30 miles, about 45 minutes away. Very easy, one obstacle, more of a dirt road, some pretty views.

camp (2) - Copy.JPG

Kingston Peak
    52 miles, about 1.5 hours exactly. Pretty easy but high elevation. Amazing views. A couple of long steep inclines with loose rock.

DSC04087c.jpg

Old Fall River Rd in RMNP
    45 miles, a little over an hour to get there. Very easy but lots of switchbacks and slow speed. It's only one way (uphill). Great views and wildlife with a visitor center at the top.

DSC04022.jpg
    Last edited by WJCO; 01-18-2017 at 05:34 PM.

Springfield, Mo

SMORR - 45min
    You could spend all day there and not run out of trails. Great park, expect to break things
    SMORR.jpg

Glade Top - Mark Twain National Forest - 1hr 25min
    The trail itself isn't the great part, it's all the no-name side trails to the north and south. Easily a multiple day place, plus it's a National Forest so it's free dispersed camping!
    North:
    GladeTopNorth1.jpg
    South:
    GladeTopSouth.jpg
    2009 JK X 6-Speed
    BUILD
    2004 WJ Overland HO

Knows a Thing or Two boardsurfer's Avatar
    Measured from my place in SE Denver

Yankee Hill
    ~45 Miles, 1Hr.
    Easy trail, lots of spurs to explore, usually pretty crowded. Great view of St. Mary's Glacier at the west end.

Pickle Gulch
    ~45 Miles, 1 Hr.
    A couple challenging climbs, lots of flexy spots. Fairly short trail, but one of my favorite "short notice" kinda trails.

Kingston Peak
    60 Miles, 1 Hr 15.
    Probably the closest trail to the city that will get you above 11,000 feet. Not a difficult trail, but the views are always worth it.

Red Elephant Hill
    47 Miles, 58 minutes
    Excellent trail to connect to a few others. Steady climbing and off camber all the way.

Bill Moore Lake
    50 Miles, 1 Hr.
    Another trail that is all about the views.

Spring Creek
    47 Miles, 58 minutes
    One of the tougher trails this close to the city. Bring your A game. I dont have any pics of me, so here's one I took of H8ROADS. That counts right?

McClellan Mountain
    54 Miles, 1 hour, 5 minutes
    A few rocky spots, a few water crossings and a 13,130' view that will take your breath away.

Red Cone
    60 Miles, 1.5 hours
    This is one of my once-yearly (at least) requirements. Driving straight up to the peak of a mountain like this is really something else. 12,800' and straight down on all sides. This picture does nothing for the trail, but its all I have with my Jeep in it.

Radical Hill
    (Connects to Red Cone)
    Hope you like shelf roads. Not much room for error here.

Twin Cone
    67 miles, 1.5 hours
    Somewhat mild trail aside from one climb that is steep, long, and loose. Again with the views, though.

^^ We were not nearly prepared for that trip to Twin Cone. Left the doors at home, we weren't nearly dressed properly, and as soon as we started down the rain unleashed a holy hell on us. Pretty miserable drive home. Lesson learned there.
    Last edited by boardsurfer; 01-18-2017 at 07:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudmobeeler View Post
    Rare doesn't make it desirable. It's rare that I shit my pants, but when I do it's usually not desirable. Lol.

Nice list boardsurfer!