Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Rough Country 3.5 suspension lift kit reviews

Looking at lifting my JKU. Looking to hear from people that actually have or have had the kit. Hearing mixed reviews from the Web, don't want to put a kit on my Jeep and then have to turn around and keep buying new shocks etc.. The other brands I had in mind were Rubicon Express, Quadratec and AEV.

Knows a Thing or Two black pearl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandler LeSueur View Post
    Looking at lifting my JKU. Looking to hear from people that actually have or have had the kit. Hearing mixed reviews from the Web, don't want to put a kit on my Jeep and then have to turn around and keep buying new shocks etc.. The other brands I had in mind were Rubicon Express, Quadratec and AEV.
    I'm thinking of switching out my springs to the evo plush ride

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had a Rough Country 2.5 coil lift on a 2dr JK and and it was just that, "Rough".

Don't get me wrong, when I had trucks that were lifted with Rough Country parts they were fine, but their coil springs for the Jeep JK are pretty rough riding.

I have the Rough Country 3.5 kit on my 2012 Rubicon JKU. I'm very happy with it. The ride is nice and the handling doesn't feel any different than stock. I also installed an adjustable front track bar so I didn't have to use a relocation bracket and drop pitman arm. It's a nice kit for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustedback View Post
    I have the Rough Country 3.5 kit on my 2012 Rubicon JKU. I'm very happy with it. The ride is nice and the handling doesn't feel any different than stock. I also installed an adjustable front track bar so I didn't have to use a relocation bracket and drop pitman arm. It's a nice kit for the price.

Any increased death wobble?

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rough Country 3.5 suspension lift kit reviews

None at all. My Jeep feels as stable at 90 mph as it does at 25mph.IMG_0362.JPG

Last edited by Bustedback; 01-12-2017 at 02:37 AM.

getting my caster back

my 2 1/2 iinch RC lift just came with shocks and springs, I'm going to add the brackets to relocated the control arm so I get my caster back. Otherwise no complaints

-
    Quote Originally Posted by woof359 View Post
    my 2 1/2 iinch RC lift just came with shocks and springs, I'm going to add the brackets to relocated the control arm so I get my caster back. Otherwise no complaints
    Assuming you wheel your jeep, id think twice before buying the LCA brackets. Your going to lose the ground clearence that you lifted your jeep to gain. Youll be way better off doing adjustable LCAs.

The review I read freaked me out, but the adjustable track bar coincides with what the review said.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler LeSueur View Post
    Hey there. I'm not going to try and push you into one brand or another, if you want me to make a sales pitch I will , but I would take a good look around here a check out what guys on this forum are running and come to your own conclusions.

My $.02. Save up for a few more months and buy something nice, and by nice I don't mean coilovers and silliness unless you really want to drop some coin, I mean just a good, conventional short arm kit. Your suspension is one of the most important performance aspects of your Jeep and something you live with every day.