Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JK07 View Post
    Interested in what they do for rear tire coverage. Could just be the angle but it appears that in these shots the rear tires stick out past the bed more then they do up front under the fenders. Makes me wonder if the bed will have plastic flares too or it could just be for testing that it looks like that. Hmm.
    That's a RAM pickup bed they have cobbled up on there for testing purposes. Notice how the tires aren't centered in the wheel well opening? Also see the lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Grrrrrrrrr. These guys are doing a damn good job of disguising these JL's - can't pick out any defining details!
    Still running that RAM bed it looks like. Until someone gets a shot of the actual bed its gonna be real tough to
    figure the proportions out. Please please please I hope they don't do a stepside.......

I also have the same thoughts.

Been Around the Block HoosierWolf's Avatar
    I've been thinking of buying a M715 to build up as a project. This is going to force some more thought on my end as to what I want to do.

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    That's a RAM pickup bed they have cobbled up on there for testing purposes. Notice how the tires aren't centered in the wheel well opening? Also see the lights?
    Curious as well if it's going to have flares.
    Couldn't imagine trying to tuck a 13.5 tire under a bed like that without flares.
    Would look quite ridiculous lol
    Last edited by JKDream; 01-03-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by chitown35 View Post
    Pickup should've been a 2 door IMO. Departure angle is just too poor, why even call it a Wrangler?
    They must be convinced the 4 door pickup will sell better, since now the Wrangler will have 3 different wheelbases. I bet it wouldn't be that hard though to use the normal 4 door Wrangler wheelbase (116") to add a 2 door pickup.

The wheels look very strange to me. Most mules seem to have current production wheels, but not this one.

Nothing but a Thing NevadaZielmeister's Avatar
    Kinda surreal seeing aerial shots and spy photos of RESQ1 like that. Huh.. maybe I'll just watch a video like the guys at FCA are doing and know in advance as to what it will look like for reals.
    RubySky's Build:
    EVO Double Throw Down Front and Rear suspension with bypass system and EVO Lever
    EVO Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade
    Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle with Pro Steer Ball Joints, G2 35 Spline Placer Gold Axles, ProGrip Brakes
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 rear axle, full float with 5.38 gearing
    JE Reel 1350 drive shafts
    EVO Pro-Tek Skid Plate System
    PSC Extreme Duty Cylinder Steering Assist kit
    EVO Rear RockStops with King Air Bumps
    Nitto Trail Grapplers at 37x12.50x17

Fresh Catch
    These just look like the photos from the last spy shot session...if I'm not mistaken. Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by redman333 View Post
    As long as the top can still come off and they don't just make a permanent hard top and the dimensions don't look funky I'll buy one. This is going to be killer if it looks good and performs.

I wonder how all of these people will feel that spent $80k or more on the conversion from AEV? When if they would have waited a couple years could have had one for close to half the cost.
    Personally, THIS! ^^^^^^ I've been wondering this. I've followed AEV since the late 90's and have wanted one since the long wheelbase began. Spent 7+ years w/ a Scrambler, had a few TJs and a couple JKs...even though I could swing an AEV now I'm not sure I'd want to swallow that build cost. I know most w/ that kind of money don't care (I'm not one of them). I mean, I see them built for $100k and sold for $80k w/ less than 10k miles on them...but the older TJs have held some value, very niche as it is, but some higher value than a standard built JK.

How this factory version will differ, much less affect the AEV builds has been on my mind for months. Thus, I'm waiting. That, and having a Ram 1500 w/ the 5.7, size, comfort...this is just going to be another midsize truck. Man, I'm torn...need a truck but want another JK...FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

I do think AEV will continue to roll bank with their Hemi conversions in these things, and they've done a pretty good job diversifying into the Ram market now..totally curious to see what they do next!

I do wish it was out sooner. I'm tired of waiting...but not tired enough to build a Brute DC like those rich boys are doing

B

Quote Originally Posted by chitown35 View Post
    Pickup should've been a 2 door IMO. Departure angle is just too poor, why even call it a Wrangler?
    It will be a 4-door...and if your concerned about departure or break over angle, don't buy a truck...any of them.

Looking at how they closed the cab, it will no doubt be very similar to the AEV Brute in wheelbase if they stick with a 5' bed...which is 139".

I agree with Joe...hope they keep the freedom panels...and s rear sliding window would be nice

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    It will be a 4-door...and if your concerned about departure or break over angle, don't buy a truck...any of them.

Looking at how they closed the cab, it will no doubt be very similar to the AEV Brute in wheelbase if they stick with a 5' bed...which is 139".
    I understand where they went with it, but at that point why not just do a Ram with a soft top? Seems like it would've been a lot easier with the same end result.
    •|||||||• 2015 Unlimited Sport S Baja Yellow
    Auto / 4.56 Gears / G2 35 Spline ARB Front, Ected Rear Axle / Alpine 9-Speakers & Sub / MC 3.5" w 6pak shocks / 31570R17 Cooper STT Pros

umm....those pics were published months ago. anything new?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    08 JKU Rubi

Sold: 99 TJ, 07 JKU, 97 ZJ, 91 MJ, 87 YJ

It is an expensive mud slogging, sand throwing, snowmobile with a heater, convertable toy that as a bonus happens to provide daily transportation.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast