Close

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Fresh Catch
    Doesn't look like anything special. Change in the grill and bumper. Tame.

Looks like the initial reports of the more vertical-looking grill were accurate. The flares may be a tad wider, but it still looks like they narrowed the front end as it slopes toward the grill. The net effect should be a more YJ/TJ-looking front visual. I'm bummed the windshield is more slanted, but I think the vertical grill is more important to the look of it overall.

The front bumper appears to angle upward at the ends even more than the current Hard Rock bumpers.

The bigger tires were long overdue. Also overdue would be factory wheels with backspacing to accommodate 35-37" tires.

The axle pumpkins look tucked up really high, but might be my imagination.

The rocker panels look angled in at the bottom, so I'm hoping the sheet metal along that area will come reinforced and act as a huge rock slider/guard.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two desertrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWyatt View Post
    Looks like the initial reports of the more vertical-looking grill were accurate. The flares may be a tad wider, but it still looks like they narrowed the front end as it slopes toward the grill. The net effect should be a more YJ/TJ-looking front visual. I'm bummed the windshield is more slanted, but I think the vertical grill is more important to the look of it overall.

The front bumper appears to angle upward at the ends even more than the current Hard Rock bumpers.

The bigger tires were long overdue. Also overdue would be factory wheels with backspacing to accommodate 35-37" tires.

The axle pumpkins look tucked up really high, but might be my imagination.

The rocker panels look angled in at the bottom, so I'm hoping the sheet metal along that area will come reinforced and act as a huge rock slider/guard.

Right! I noticed the same thing about the rockers. Not sure what's up with that huge slanted piece under the door and the frame looks super low, could be my imagination though. I wonder if they are using some sorta cover up to cover a new stock slider or if that's going to be just painted sheet metal or what. Looks kinda funky though the bottom of the door looks way higher over the frame than usual.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    12' 2dr Gecko Sport 6 speed
    Cooper Stt Pro 295/70/17 ATX 195 17x9, 4Dr Rubi suspension, Rubi Swaybar w/EVO manual no limits, Rubi T case, EVO 1/4lb, Warn Powerplant 9.5

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.
    ***CURRENT DD*** 16' Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road 6 speed

I love the mystery in this part of the cycle. I know nothing ever lives up to the hype, but it's fun to speculate.

I say the grill has a curved YJ style to it. The windshield definitely has a slant to it. Or so I think. Looks a lot like a JKU though.
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.!

13 JKUR - white, 09 JKUR - white (sold), stock 85 CJ7 - red
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now).

Fresh Catch
    I suppose all these changes & acceptance will settle in for me (at least) once 5-6 years pass of seeing them on the roadways. I still miss certain features of the previous models and enjoy certain changes of the latter but man one thing that I just cant seem to approve of it how thin the sheet metal is. Its like a soda can, one touch and it crinkles!!!!
    So depressing esp. for the price.

Anyway, why do the 2 door models have such a large carbon footprint compared to the 4 door?
    I love the 2 door models. The 4 doors are nice too. But did they really need to stretch em any longer? Curious to hear ppl's opinions & reasoning on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moochie View Post
    I wonder where they took these photos at? It looks like the desert somewhere. Maybe Death Valley. I've seen other manufacturers test new vehicles in DV.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Definitely Death Valley, Furnace Creek. I work there a lot and see cars, trucks, and motorcycles being tested all the time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb1957 View Post
    Definitely Death Valley, Furnace Creek. I work there a lot and see cars, trucks, and motorcycles being tested all the time as well.

Furnace Creek is a nice place to stay in the fall/winter! Lots of European travelers prefer the hot summer weather though.

It's great to see the larger tires. I can't wait to see it unwrapped and I too am curious to why the 2 door has such a large carbon footprint.

2009 Red Rock Crystal jk 2.5" lift cooper S/T Maxx's
    1942 willys MB work in progress

Fresh Catch
    Is it me or does the front one seems to be shorter. Longer than a normal 2 door. Like a scrambler. Looks like a different wheel base.

IMG_2779.jpg