Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    They are 285/70r17
    IMG_7967.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

LOL on the mirrors!! If you look at some of the shots from the back 3/4s, they actually look like what the JK's have now. I think the covers just make them look crazy big from the front

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    * Good point on the 2 door - that'd be a shocker if they dropped that though.
    * Can't tell if the windshield still folds but honestly can't see why that would really matter anymore
    * front lower control arms look like current version & not the version on the RAM pickups?
    * that's a damn good disguise - can't really pick much out!

Edit - are the control arms tubular now? I tried enlarging the photo but it loses too much detail & I can't see for sure.
    Hard to say for sure on the arms but I think they are still the same or similar to what come on the JK now.

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    It would/wouldn't surprise me if they dropped the 2 door eventually. I know that when my inventory manager orders, he orders three 2 doors for every 10 4 doors. We sell way more 4 doors then two doors. But at the same time, Jeep knows that going away with a 2 door would drive away a lot of the fan base
    I'd be hard pressed to think that the 2-door would ever go away but I know it's becoming a lot harder for FCA to justify being that it has such a massive carbon footprint. If I recall, it's carbon footprint is bigger than a Hellcat Challenger.

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    They are 285/70r17
    IMG_7967.JPG
    That's what I'm thinking too and it would make the most sense. I just couldn't tell for sure.

Look like tires read 285/70/17 when zoomed in

If they are 285/70/17 they would be 32.7x11.2. A little larger than the current rubicon

I think the finish is a bit wrinkly for me, but I really can't tell much. Looks like a Jeep!

Fresh Catch

Those Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    It would/wouldn't surprise me if they dropped the 2 door eventually. I know that when my inventory manager orders, he orders three 2 doors for every 10 4 doors. We sell way more 4 doors then two doors. But at the same time, Jeep knows that going away with a 2 door would drive away a lot of the fan base
    Never see the front wheel and the rocks with those mirrors, poor idea.

If they would find a way to shorten up the 4 door by about 8-10 inches, maybe there wouldn't be too many complaints about doing away with the 2 door.
    •|||||||• 2015 Unlimited Sport S Baja Yellow
    Auto / 4.56 Gears / G2 35 Spline ARB Front, Ected Rear Axle / Alpine 9-Speakers & Sub / MC 3.5" w 6pak shocks / 31570R17 Cooper STT Pros

what does everyone make of the different tires?

At first I thought maybe one model was a Rubi and one was a standard JKU, hence the different tires. We know that current Rubi's have the BFG M/T while the JKU Sport has the Goodyear SRA tire as OEM. Is Jeep switching to the BFG KO2 and Duratrac now?

Also, it appears that both models had differing tires but both had the red "Rubicon" shocks.
    - SouthernYankee

"Drive On..."

2009 Black JKU
    35" BFG KO2 All Terrain Tires
    4.5" AEV Dualsport SC lift w/ Bilstein shocks
    AEV Black Savegre Wheels
    LoD Signature Series front stubby bumper w/stinger (Jan 2016)
    Quadratec Stealth 9500i winch w/synthetic rope (Jan 2016)
    Mopar slush mats
    6 Safari grab handles

I zoomed in on the license plate and i'm pretty sure it said Michigan. Lol. Just messin. Threads like this gets me excited for the forward progress of the Jeep. Makes me wonder about the 2 door tho. I guess time will tell.

I wonder where they took these photos at? It looks like the desert somewhere. Maybe Death Valley. I've seen other manufacturers test new vehicles in DV.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app