Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
    I had a tire shop do it in flagstaff Arizona on a trip out to Colorado from so cal. They have a Machine that does it. Only takes a few minutes but it's kind of a pain trying to find a place that can do it. The couple shops I called in so cal didn't even know what I was talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thanks for the info. Sound like I probably wouldn't be able to find anything in my neck of the woods.
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Nothing but a Thing HighwayTrout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I know from personal experience.....about the tires, that is.
    Glad you cleared that up for us. lol
    en hopup veritas

That comment was so close to making the most sarcastic wall

We'll tons of snow but chains NOT needed. Brought them but won't need to put them on. The BFG MT are actually doing great.

I hate chains, the only two times I have ever put them on were in CA and I spun out both times.

First time i was in high school on the way up to Kirkwood trying to avoid a snow plow coming the other way.

Second time I was driving back from Denver to Sacramento and hit snow in every state, CA made me chain up at Truckee, after I spun out one of the tensioners broke and wrapped the chain around the front axle. Ended up cutting the chains off and driving down without them. Could have saved myself the hassle and told the guy the car was AWD. Live and learn.

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcale View Post
    I hate chains, the only two times I have ever put them on were in CA and I spun out both times.

First time i was in high school on the way up to Kirkwood trying to avoid a snow plow coming the other way.

Second time I was driving back from Denver to Sacramento and hit snow in every state, CA made me chain up at Truckee, after I spun out one of the tensioners broke and wrapped the chain around the front axle. Ended up cutting the chains off and driving down without them. Could have saved myself the hassle and told the guy the car was AWD. Live and learn.
    Were you using the cable-type chains?
    Those are awful lol
    I use v-bars, the traction on snow and ice is insane.

I'm pretty old school. I like tire chains for snow driving. Mud terrain tires are only great in snow if you're driving through 6" or 8" of fresh snow, but horrible for packed snow or ice on roads. I hate using chains because they are heavy, expensive, and hard to mess with, but I've seen nothing else that works better. At least they can go off and on easier and less expensive than a dedicated set of winter tires.

Quote Originally Posted by JKDream View Post
    Were you using the cable-type chains?
    Those are awful lol
    I use v-bars, the traction on snow and ice is insane.
    V bars are the best!