Close

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    The latter sounds like how you were when we first met you at camp, stumbling around making a mess I kid I kid
    Hahaha, no that was me at the wrong camp I went to first thinking it was you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by calgaryjeep View Post
    Don't get me wrong, this guy is clearly in a bad spot...

I guess I know I'm a noob on "this" board - but is there a point in everyone piling on him? I would just ban him if he's not your style or due to his threats and move on...

Seems like everyone is simply poking the bear for a rise. :/
    Also, this is a community. People stick up for one another as well as we try to weed out the bullshit as quick as possible. Bringing 'awareness' via a Jeep build is a direct violation to the rules and most members here respect that and try to put an end to it very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    I liken this place to a campfire with a bunch of people sitting around it drinking some beer and generally having a great time. New guys seem to approach the campfire in a couple different ways: In one a guy comes up says mind if I join, looks like fun, yeah buddy, sit down have a beer and he feels the situation out before wading into all the conversations going an before you know it, he's one of the guys. The other way is some numbnuts stumbles into the group, beer already in hand, spills it on everyone trying to push his way in, trips over the campfire, knocks shit everywhere and expects everyone to move out of the way. What happens next depends entirely on the guys reaction when he gets called out. This guy went off like a nutjob.
    Some people go the other way. And pretty much everyone steps in in once or twice. The good ones stay.
    You sir are a genius. That's a perfect comparison.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calgaryjeep View Post
    Don't get me wrong, this guy is clearly in a bad spot...

I guess I know I'm a noob on "this" board - but is there a point in everyone piling on him? I would just ban him if he's not your style or due to his threats and move on...

Seems like everyone is simply poking the bear for a rise. :/
    Very few people get banned. If they can keep posting, they tend to hang themselves with their own rope. No threads are deleted, and the record is all here.

Now, if you went through this entire thread, you'll see that HoldMyBeer was the first person to become angry and make inappropriate posts, not other members.

Finally, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way. This thread only continues to pop up, because guys like you keep throwing their 2 cents in. That is like rubber necking a car accident, on the opposite side of the freeway. If these threads offend you, don't look in them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Troncalli Jeep Representative longarmwj's Avatar
    I liken this place to a campfire with a bunch of people sitting around it drinking some beer and generally having a great time. New guys seem to approach the campfire in a couple different ways: In one a guy comes up says mind if I join, looks like fun, yeah buddy, sit down have a beer and he feels the situation out before wading into all the conversations going an before you know it, he's one of the guys. The other way is some numbnuts stumbles into the group, beer already in hand, spills it on everyone trying to push his way in, trips over the campfire, knocks shit everywhere and expects everyone to move out of the way. What happens next depends entirely on the guys reaction when he gets called out. This guy went off like a nutjob.
    Some people go the other way. And pretty much everyone steps in in once or twice. The good ones stay.
    This needs to be on a WAL shirt or sticker
    "Jebidiah" 2003 WJ with some stuff. Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread

HoldMyBeer, dude, chill. Lots of us have served. My service wasn't during a war, but I served. Thank you for volunteering. We all need to support each other through the experiences that, frankly, non-military can never truly understand.

But don't be an ass. Don't ruin future goodwill by non-veterans towards other vets. I know you're hurting, but we all are. I was LEO after (long after) the Army and it's even harder IMHO.

Help others, yes! Gain personally from it? Not cool. Don't take advantage of anyone. The end do NOT justify the means.

Tim

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by Beav068; 12-29-2016 at 01:20 AM.

Been Around the Block Lil Nasty's Avatar
    What about the guy that tells you he can make a better fire and his beer tastes better than the one you're drinking?

Wow, I hope the dude that started this thread gets the help he needs. Again, just wow. Life is too short.

Quote Originally Posted by petey8251 View Post
    Attachment 236219

This guy raising funds for his V8 swap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I don't reply to too many post here but when I saw this I sprayed beer on my computer screen! Holy shit that's hilarious

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing Angry Aussie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Lol lol lol so awesome and perfect for this. Well done sir! Thanks for the laugh