Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Optima yellow top warranty

Does anyone know the warranty period from 4WP ? i bought it feb 2015 .the battery so dead charge over night didn't work. I had a diesel truck jump it came on ran for a minute & died .my alternator is new What else could it be?

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep Bro 08 View Post
    Does anyone know the warranty period from 4WP ? i bought it feb 2015 .the battery so dead charge over night didn't work. I had a diesel truck jump it came on ran for a minute & died .my alternator is new What else could it be?

call 4WP for warranty info but I'd recommend you get a different brand, ever since Optima was sold and manufacturing moved to Mexico they have not been a quality battery, your dead battery is a common issue.

I'm running the Odyssey, Batteries Plus also carries X2Power batteries which are also a solid battery. either of these are better than any optima especially if you have extra lights, winch etc...

Just because it's a new alternator doesn't mean to good. If it was a rebuilt/remaned one it can still be bad. Just saw this happen a couple times during my last class.
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    call 4WP for warranty info but I'd recommend you get a different brand, ever since Optima was sold and manufacturing moved to Mexico they have not been a quality battery, your dead battery is a common issue.

I'm running the Odyssey, Batteries Plus also carries X2Power batteries which are also a solid battery. either of these are better than any optima especially if you have extra lights, winch etc...
    Did not know this, glad I opened up the thread. Thanks for posting!

Optima yellow top warranty

I've had an optima yellow top for about 6 months now. It recently just hit the 40 degree mark in Houston. This morning it struggled turning over after sitting overnight. Once the optima dies whenever that is, I'll be going with an odyssey for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    B.O.D. Build - 2014 Granite Crystal JKU - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...t-Build-Thread

Thanks everyone for response, i didn't know they went to Mexico. As for alternator i have the mean green & it said was a new one, i installed early this year

I just got the free replacement battery, Im wondering should i charge battery overnight with a battery tender jr or is that thing just for maintaining the battery

I just got the free replacement battery, Im wondering should i charge battery overnight with a battery tender jr or is that thing just for maintaining the battery

DO NOT do this unless you are using the charger Optima sells. For some stupid reason, it needs to be used for charging and even at that, I've seen where it still doesn't work right.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    DO NOT do this unless you are using the charger Optima sells. For some stupid reason, it needs to be used for charging and even at that, I've seen where it still doesn't work right.
    I'm not sure what charger they sell but maybe because it's a glassmat battery they make it so the charging amps are only 2A so people don't cook the gel inside of them
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist