Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

VIDEO : Exploring Nevada's Explosive Past - Lunar Crater & Project Faultless

Pretty much right in the middle of the State of Nevada and about half way between the towns of Tonopah and Ely, there lies two off-road destinations about 20 miles apart and both of which were created by massive explosions. The first is a huge bowl shaped hole in the ground known as the Lunar Crater and the second is the location of a nuclear test site known as, Project Faultless. In this short video, you'll get to follow us on our adventure to explore these two, unique to Nevada sites, with our good friends Tony and Stephanie and in our trusty little Jeep Renegades.

This is the first in a series of new short videos we hope to produce highlighting the rich history and the amazing places you can see in our beautiful state or, what we like to refer to as, Nevada's Silver Lining. We hope that you enjoy our presentation.

Special thanks goes out to our good friends Tony and Stephanie for helping us to film the footage that you see in this video.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Great video. Man, I need to move.

Been Around the Block jagrubb99's Avatar
    Amazing film yet again. Your vieos make me so excited to finish school and find an opportunity out that way... Such beautiful country.

Sent from my XT1031 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cool video, need to add these stops to the list of things to check out. so many interesting things out there in Nevada. oh and all that dust looked like it just wrecked you Tony!!

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Awesome little feature! Crazy to see how much the elevation dropped. You couldn't even really tell until you pointed it out
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

Nice video!
    Cool places you saw too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2007 White JK Rubicon Unlimited

EVO Long Arm
    EVO Front Coilover System
    Rear EVO Lever System
    w/14" King Coilover Shocks
    Tires: 40x15.5x20 Toyo Open Country MT's,
    20" Spyderlock Beadlock Wheels
    PSC Ram Steering Assist
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 Front Axle w/Competition Shafts & CTM U-Joints
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 Rear Axle
    Atlas 4 Speed Transfer Case
    Rock Hard Roll Cage
    Warn Dual Force Winch
    EVO Front bumper 1/4lb w/ Stringer
    Lo D Rear Bumper
    My Pictures: http://trailbud.smugmug.com/

That was such a fun adventure! We really need to get back out there and do some more exploring!

Especially since our little Renegade mowed down all the sage brush in the middle of the trail!

Good to see another video. Looks like a fun adventure.

Been Around the Block Buster3479's Avatar
    Great clip of history. The elevation change from the detonation is astounding!
    2012 Deep Cherry Red Freedom JKU "Beast", 5.13 Auto, 4:1 Xfer Case, ARB front/rear lockers, Dynatrac Prorock 60 Fr / Pro 60 Re, 37x12.5R17 Toyo Open Country R/Ts, Hutchinson 5x5.5 Beadlocks, 4" Evo Plush Ride Springs, Billstein 5160 shocks, Switchpros, EVO Fascia & AEV Tire Carrier, EVO 1/4 lber / Stinger, Warn 9.5 CTI, EVO Air No Limits on Demand & Links, EVO Sliders, EVO Protek Skid System, EVO Rockstars, Heated Truck-lites, JW Speaker Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    Great video. Man, I need to move.
    LOL!! Well, if nothing else, you need to come out and visit for sure

Quote Originally Posted by jagrubb99 View Post
    Amazing film yet again. Your vieos make me so excited to finish school and find an opportunity out that way... Such beautiful country.
    It isn't for everyone but we sure love it out here!

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Cool video, need to add these stops to the list of things to check out. so many interesting things out there in Nevada. oh and all that dust looked like it just wrecked you Tony!!
    Glad to hear you watched until the very end

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Awesome little feature! Crazy to see how much the elevation dropped. You couldn't even really tell until you pointed it out
    It really is totally nuts. What's even crazier is that just shy of a thousand feet below your feet, there's 500,000 metric tons of highly radioactive rubble with radiation levels close to that of a nuclear reactor