Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    In other words, the government will now use our "public lands", lands that our taxes pay for and we will no longer have access to and all so that Red Rock Western Jeep Tours can make money off it.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    In other words, the government will now use our "public lands", lands that our taxes pay for and we will no longer have access to and all so that Red Rock Western Jeep Tours can make money off it.
    Feels good, doesn't it?

freedom-1sihup.jpg

Caught the Bug
    I wrote a letter when the initial petition came out. I could be mistaken, but I don't recall one of the options being just one of the tour businesses gets soul access to it. When I got the email stating the outcome I went to that particular tour company's site and they already had it changed to reflect that they are the only company that has access to this trail.

It's a damn shame and it sets an overwhelming example of the power the people involved (on both sides) have.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    I wrote a letter when the initial petition came out. I could be mistaken, but I don't recall one of the options being just one of the tour businesses gets soul access to it. When I got the email stating the outcome I went to that particular tour company's site and they already had it changed to reflect that they are the only company that has access to this trail.

It's a damn shame and it sets an overwhelming example of the power the people involved (on both sides) have.
    It really is some B.S. I read somewhere that the government's final proposal was to allow tour company access, with a lottery of 20 permits per day for public vehicle use. The mayor of Sedona elected to eliminate the public usage permit option and make it solely open to Red Rock jeep tours. That in itself should be seriously looked into, since there has to be some kind of behind doors financial deal going on to have something like that happen.
    2015 Anvil Rubicon Unlimited
    Evo Mfg Double Throwdown suspension w/Evo Lever
    Evo Mfg high clearance long arms
    Evo Mfg PR60 high steer w/PSC hydraulic assist
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle
    Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle
    ARB lockers & 5.38 gears
    JE Reel 1350 front/1410 rear driveshafts
    Evo Mfg rocker/corner armor/bumper
    17" ATX Slabs & 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Proud to be one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001 - 2010. Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    It really is some B.S. I read somewhere that the government's final proposal was to allow tour company access, with a lottery of 20 permits per day for public vehicle use. The mayor of Sedona elected to eliminate the public usage permit option and make it solely open to Red Rock jeep tours. That in itself should be seriously looked into, since there has to be some kind of behind doors financial deal going on to have something like that happen.
    Why should the mayor of Sedona have any say in how federal PUBLIC land gets used?

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Why should the mayor of Sedona have any say in how federal PUBLIC land gets used?
    Exactly. There's some shady shit going on for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    There it is! I've been wheelin' Soldiers and Broken Arrow since the 70's and have watched the homes creeping in on both trails. It was only a matter of time for Soldiers. Last time I ran it was 2012 on a weekday and there was little traffic. Weekends are probably a different story. The nearby residents are definitely bucks up and have the say. It's kinda like folks who build next to an airport and then complain about the noise. Farewell Soldiers, l'll miss you.
    Agreed, but $$ is king f everyone else

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Exactly. There's some shady shit going on for sure.
    Not shady at all that is how our government works. Every one knows it but nothing changes

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

I forgot, that was the first trail I ever ran in a jeep. It was a rental. It was really busy while I was there but it was a great place to go explore. I actually missed the trail head because of the neighborhood that surrounds the thing. Having first hand experience with regards to a federal land management agency I know just how money and politics drive stupid decisions. Dumont Dunes is a prime example of that.

This incredible, but totally believable.

Seems like I saw a news report similar to this involving an FBI investigation into some computer issues. I am totally shocked that someone would allege that a federal official would take a bribe.
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.!

13 JKUR - white, 09 JKUR - white (sold), stock 85 CJ7 - red
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now).