Close

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Nothing but a Thing IBeHeWhoIsJoshua's Avatar
    This is next on my order list. I've been waiting for months with EVO telling me "next week" a couple times a month haha

I like the looks of it... I was actually thinking about ordering the CC carrier this past weekend. Im really glad I didn't because Im not in love with their setup, and Ill never run larger than a 37.

New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

Quote Originally Posted by piginajeep View Post
    Well I guarantee its not made in China, that's a damn good start!
    Made in America for the win
    Is this steel or aluminum? I'm guessing steel
    Last edited by JKbrick; 09-07-2016 at 02:22 AM.

So after speaking with Drew at ORE, these are still a week away from shipping. No idea when the 1164B lic plate relocation and gas can bracket is coming out. I guess I just pre ordered it and will wait for the lic plate bracket before I can install it. Kinda like

Well I guarantee its not made in China, that's a damn good start!
    Ha, yeah, that is a given. And more than a good start. I just wonder long term how the hinges will hold up along with a possible hit to the tire.

Don't get me wrong, I love the design. I thought the TF concept was awesome, till I was at hammers and saw when Tom's cracked. I have since gone with the EVO corner mounted, but would have strongly considered this.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Ha, yeah, that is a given. And more than a good start. I just wonder long term how the hinges will hold up along with a possible hit to the tire.

Don't get me wrong, I love the design. I thought the TF concept was awesome, till I was at hammers and saw when Tom's cracked. I have since gone with the EVO corner mounted, but would have strongly considered this.
    Evo uses 3/16 steel, the terabreak is made out of some kinda pop tin shit with bad welds. No comparison.

Even not hearing feedback yet, I would run this any day of the week. Anything the EVO engineer builds is very well thought out and tested.
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)

Evo uses 3/16 steel, the terabreak is made out of some kinda pop tin shit with bad welds. No comparison.

Even not hearing feedback yet, I would run this any day of the week. Anything the EVO engineer builds is very well thought out and tested.
    I know the compound/material/manufacturing is far better. But I was under the impression at least part of the problem was the weight on the hinges. And if you should happen to hit or catch the spare with this style carrier.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
    Of course they just released this...I bought the Crawler Concepts one and installed it last Thursday. Timing was never on my side.
    You won't be dissapointed in the CC carrier! I love mine but I also kind of wish I would've held out for the evo.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    I'm just real curious how this compares to the other hinge carriers such as those from TF, RR, SB, CC and the like.

The price is pretty good.
    Here's EVO's take, Jags

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473284018.016507.jpg

Fresh Catch
    This is awesome I might have to get me one of these since I'm just now thinking about building up my jeep