Close

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 238
  1. #21
    Nothing but a Thing IBeHeWhoIsJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Camarillo, Ca
    Posts
    1,646
    This is next on my order list. I've been waiting for months with EVO telling me "next week" a couple times a month haha

  2. #22
    Fresh Catch onebadtwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    Posts
    40
    I like the looks of it... I was actually thinking about ordering the CC carrier this past weekend. Im really glad I didn't because Im not in love with their setup, and Ill never run larger than a 37.

  3. #23
    Old Timer JKbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Leo, Indiana
    Posts
    2,913

    New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

    Quote Originally Posted by piginajeep View Post
    Well I guarantee its not made in China, that's a damn good start!
    Made in America for the win
    Is this steel or aluminum? I'm guessing steel
    Last edited by JKbrick; 09-07-2016 at 02:22 AM.

  4. #24
    Knows a Thing or Two Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    659
    So after speaking with Drew at ORE, these are still a week away from shipping. No idea when the 1164B lic plate relocation and gas can bracket is coming out. I guess I just pre ordered it and will wait for the lic plate bracket before I can install it. Kinda like

  5. #25
    Addict JAGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,139
    Quote Originally Posted by piginajeep View Post
    Well I guarantee its not made in China, that's a damn good start!
    Ha, yeah, that is a given. And more than a good start. I just wonder long term how the hinges will hold up along with a possible hit to the tire.

    Don't get me wrong, I love the design. I thought the TF concept was awesome, till I was at hammers and saw when Tom's cracked. I have since gone with the EVO corner mounted, but would have strongly considered this.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

  6. #26
    The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bear Valley Springs
    Posts
    9,428
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Ha, yeah, that is a given. And more than a good start. I just wonder long term how the hinges will hold up along with a possible hit to the tire.

    Don't get me wrong, I love the design. I thought the TF concept was awesome, till I was at hammers and saw when Tom's cracked. I have since gone with the EVO corner mounted, but would have strongly considered this.
    Evo uses 3/16 steel, the terabreak is made out of some kinda pop tin shit with bad welds. No comparison.


    Even not hearing feedback yet, I would run this any day of the week. Anything the EVO engineer builds is very well thought out and tested.
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)


  7. #27
    Addict JAGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,139
    Quote Originally Posted by piginajeep View Post
    Evo uses 3/16 steel, the terabreak is made out of some kinda pop tin shit with bad welds. No comparison.


    Even not hearing feedback yet, I would run this any day of the week. Anything the EVO engineer builds is very well thought out and tested.
    I know the compound/material/manufacturing is far better. But I was under the impression at least part of the problem was the weight on the hinges. And if you should happen to hit or catch the spare with this style carrier.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

  8. #28
    Hooked COLOJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
    Of course they just released this...I bought the Crawler Concepts one and installed it last Thursday. Timing was never on my side.
    You won't be dissapointed in the CC carrier! I love mine but I also kind of wish I would've held out for the evo.

  9. #29
    That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Posts
    6,218
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    I'm just real curious how this compares to the other hinge carriers such as those from TF, RR, SB, CC and the like.

    The price is pretty good.
    Here's EVO's take, Jags

    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473284018.016507.jpg

  10. #30
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Riverside
    Posts
    9
    This is awesome I might have to get me one of these since I'm just now thinking about building up my jeep



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •