Close

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 151
  1. #21
    Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    wyoming
    Posts
    6,888
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJKWrangler15 View Post
    And here comes in the you pay for what you get mentality; Smittybilt is know to be cheap, easy & to get the job done while saving up for better parts, let's say while Teraflex is overpriced for the quality you get from their products, according to a lot of users. That said, I wouldn't be as sad to buy one of their kit for a 1/3 of the price, knowing that it isn't the best shit to get out there but at least having a bang for my bucks while saving for better & still enjoy life off road. They could do a lot better...

    Only thing I also trust & love from TF is their install videos & shit. Man, they are handy, easy to follow and give great tips along the way!!! Even though what they are installing is crap... At least you get to learn shit from it, as I am a Certified Driveway Mechanic ahahah.
    I quit watching the videos after they got rid of Jen. I think that was her name

  2. #22
    Knows a Thing or Two Crystaliner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    521
    I was definitely leaning towards teraflex solely based upon their videos until being educated in Wayalife.

  3. #23
    Been Around the Block BenJKWrangler15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I wonder how many of you would buy a Smittybilt suspension (if there was such a thing) or pay $700 for a Smittybilt tire carrier.
    Isn't Pro Comp pretty much that? A Smittybilt alias under named suspension & tires company? Or am I in the wrong thinking this way?
    O|||||||O............Racc°°nJK - Jeep Wrangler JK Sport 2015
    []---o--[]........... Racc°°nJK Build Thread : http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...543#post729543

  4. #24
    Word Ninja Sharkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    9,749

    Teraflex - Bad rep for a reason or isolated cases?

    Quote Originally Posted by BenJKWrangler15 View Post
    And here comes in the you pay for what you get mentality; Smittybilt is know to be cheap, easy & to get the job done while saving up for better parts, let's say while Teraflex is overpriced for the quality you get from their products, according to a lot of users. That said, I wouldn't be as sad to buy one of their kit for a 1/3 of the price, knowing that it isn't the best shit to get out there but at least having a bang for my bucks while saving for better & still enjoy life off road. They could do a lot better...

    Only thing I also trust & love from TF is their install videos & shit. Man, they are handy, easy to follow and give great tips along the way!!! Even though what they are installing is crap... At least you get to learn shit from it, as I am a Certified Driveway Mechanic ahahah.
    And all of that is great until the "bang for the buck" part fails off road. Then you are screwed and you will be wishing you had saved a little longer and purchased something with a proven track record. To quote my friend Eddie, "the best warranty is one you don't ever have to use."

    Truly, how many of the masses have the ability and tools to replace a bushing on the trail, or weld a trackbar back together, or grind and weld a control arm mount back to a functioning status while out in the sticks or hot sun?

    You can either build your rig to get you off road, or you can build your rig to get you home. I choose the latter but to each their own.
    Last edited by Sharkey; 06-25-2016 at 07:59 PM.

  5. #25
    Been Around the Block BenJKWrangler15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystaliner View Post
    I was definitely leaning towards teraflex solely based upon their videos until being educated in Wayalife.
    Same for me, this is why I started this thread. We'll be spared from unpleasant trail breakage!
    O|||||||O............Racc°°nJK - Jeep Wrangler JK Sport 2015
    []---o--[]........... Racc°°nJK Build Thread : http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...543#post729543

  6. #26
    Guy with a Red 2-Door cozdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    16,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    And all of that is great until the "bang for the buck" part fails off road. Then you are screwed and you will be wishing you had saved a little longer and purchased something with a proven track record. To quote my friend Eddie, "the best warranty is one you don't ever have to use."

    Truly, how many of the masses have the ability and tools to replace a bushing on the trail, or weld a trackbar back together, or grind and weld a control arm mount back to a functioning status while out in the sticks or hot sun?

    You can either build your rig to get you off road, or you can build your rig to get you home. I choose the latter but to each their own.
    Don't forget mcpucks old motto of "it's expensive to be cheap"
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

    2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

    Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

  7. #27
    Hooked DannyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Feura bush NY
    Posts
    215
    I have run the teraflex 2.5 coil lift for a while now and when people say it's stiff their not kidding. That being said I'm happy with its performance it's not Evo by any means but I think you could do worst. The lift is fine for me now but I'm only 19 so iv hopefully got lots of jeep time left to upgrade and probably wast more money I will regret but hey that's half the fun...
    2009 Red Rock Crystal jk 2.5" lift cooper S/T Maxx's
    1942 willys MB work in progress

  8. #28
    Old Timer Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    4,462
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJKWrangler15 View Post
    Isn't Pro Comp pretty much that? A Smittybilt alias under named suspension & tires company? Or am I in the wrong thinking this way?
    Smittybilt, Pro Comp, Rubicon Express, Poison Spyder, & G2 are all owned by Trans America, who also owns...... wait for it......4WP & 4WD. Surprise!
    Last edited by Ddays; 06-25-2016 at 08:14 PM. Reason: spelling

  9. #29
    Guy with a Red 2-Door cozdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    16,111
    Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Don't forget mcpucks old motto of "it's expensive to be cheap"
    And speaking of this I can think of at least 3k worth of stuff I bought because I was being cheap and, well, didn't know better at the time
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

    2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

    Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

  10. #30
    Old Timer Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    4,462
    Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    And speaking of this I can think of at least 3k worth of stuff I bought because I was being cheap and, well, didn't know better at the time
    LOL! I was a 4WD posterboy. I do not have one thing left on my Jeep from them anymore. Expen$ive lesson learned.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •