Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Awesome! I want to see the video of Rubicat going down White Knuckle!

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Ty View Post
    Great clip. Amazing how a great driver and a well built Jeep can make an obstacle look so easy.

I need to get out again and continue working on that "good driver" mod.
    LOL at "good driver mod"

Quote Originally Posted by Jk909 View Post
    Do you like them more than the nitto or toyos? How do they compare price wise?
    So far, I'd have to say that we like these 37" Cooper STT Pros more than a 37" Nitto Trail Grappler. We like that you can get them in a 13.50 width, that they come in a load range E, have a much more aggressive shoulder lug, a more aggressive tread pattern and don't seem to have the strong radial pull that Trail Grapplers have. You can hear the STT Pros a bit more than Trail Grapplers but they seem to hook up considerably better on the rocks. Toyo MT's also come in a 13.50 and come in a load range E and we've always found them to be a really good tire but they are more expensive. I should note that Trail Grapplers are more expensive as well. It's too hard to say how well they'll do long term being that we just got these tires but I will be sure to follow up on this as time goes on.

Knows a Thing or Two Honor2afault's Avatar
    With every new clip with those STT Pros, I am becoming a fan. And, truly agree with those that have stated that the next set will, most likely, be those.
    Great ascent, smooth, clean. Thank you for always sharing.

Fresh Catch
    Awesome traction and skill! Have fun in Moab I'll get there one day but in the mean time I'll watch y'all's videos

Fresh Catch
    Makes me excited to be getting a jeep soon! Just a little sad I have to wait.

Have roughly 500 road miles on mine and I doubt I will ever buy a different brand or model of tire. These are quiet on the road and I never
    did need to balance mine. I've run it up to 75 and have zero vibration or radial wander. Running exact same wheel & tire setup as Rubicat.
    You cannot beat the price for these tires either. Paid $315 each. Like Eddie says, long term treadwear remains to be seen, but no one should
    hesitate to try these tires out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Have roughly 500 road miles on mine and I doubt I will ever buy a different brand or model of tire. These are quiet on the road and I never
    did need to balance mine. I've run it up to 75 and have zero vibration or radial wander. Running exact same wheel & tire setup as Rubicat.
    You cannot beat the price for these tires either. Paid $315 each. Like Eddie says, long term treadwear remains to be seen, but no one should
    hesitate to try these tires out.
    Any use on packed snowy roads yet?

Knows a Thing or Two Petthefish's Avatar
    Ohh man looks like fun

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Any use on packed snowy roads yet?
    None. We haven't had any to speak of for the last month or two. Unusually warm and pretty much snow free this year

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    So far, I'd have to say that we like these 37" Cooper STT Pros more than a 37" Nitto Trail Grappler. We like that you can get them in a 13.50 width, that they come in a load range E, have a much more aggressive shoulder lug, a more aggressive tread pattern and don't seem to have the strong radial pull that Trail Grapplers have. You can hear the STT Pros a bit more than Trail Grapplers but they seem to hook up considerably better on the rocks. Toyo MT's also come in a 13.50 and come in a load range E and we've always found them to be a really good tire but they are more expensive. I should note that Trail Grapplers are more expensive as well. It's too hard to say how well they'll do long term being that we just got these tires but I will be sure to follow up on this as time goes on.
    I attempted to mount a set of the new STT Pros on my ATX Slabs, but found the bead to be quite a bit thicker than the TrailGrapplers. I couldn't get the lock ring to sit flush on the wheel (coning). Did you need to use spacers or some other trick? Disclaimer: It is highly probable that it was the shortcomings of the installer and not that of the tire which created my issue.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast