Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqivet View Post
    yep my 15 latitude has 12 inch fronts.

do you think these will work seeing they dont have the second set of bolts to deal with?
    http://www.renegadeready.com/25mm-1-...els-_p_82.html
    Looks kinda scary to me too, but I've never tried, so who knows. I myself wouldn't feel too comfortable installing those.

Fresh Catch

16" Steel Wheels

I have 1.25" spacers and the Daystar 1.5" Lift kit for my 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. Before diving into the work, I want to make sure I get the correct wheels. My goal is to replicate the work Eddie did on his Trailhawk Renegade. Why mess with perfection?

Is the offset the only difference between the Mopar stock 16" (Renegade Ready) wheel and the HHR 16" wheel? If so, does one provide a benefit over the other? For example, spoke spacing to the brake calipers? Strength of wheel? Cost?

Thanks for help

Quote Originally Posted by koglesbay View Post
    I have 1.25" spacers and the Daystar 1.5" Lift kit for my 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. Before diving into the work, I want to make sure I get the correct wheels. My goal is to replicate the work Eddie did on his Trailhawk Renegade. Why mess with perfection?

Is the offset the only difference between the Mopar stock 16" (Renegade Ready) wheel and the HHR 16" wheel? If so, does one provide a benefit over the other? For example, spoke spacing to the brake calipers? Strength of wheel? Cost?

Thanks for help
    To the best of my knowledge, the difference in the offset is only 1mm. In other words, basically negligible. I don't know if there are any real benefits per se, the HHR wheels were just a good looking 16" wheel and that's what I needed being that I have a Trailhawk and it came with 17" wheels. Of course, I personally think the HHR's look great and they were cheap. If you've already got 16" wheels, I might save your money and just stick with what you have.

Fresh Catch
    No, I have the 17" wheels that came with the Trailhawk. I want to replicate what you did with your Trailhawk by raising it by 1.5", adding 1.25" spacing and reduce the wheel size so I can put on more aggressive mud tires.

Quote Originally Posted by koglesbay View Post
    No, I have the 17" wheels that came with the Trailhawk. I want to replicate what you did with your Trailhawk by raising it by 1.5", adding 1.25" spacing and reduce the wheel size so I can put on more aggressive mud tires.
    Hey, I just got my 1" Renegade ready wheel spacers in, once I go in for my 1st oil change, I'll be installing them and seeing how they perform, and I will be using the stock 17" wheels and tires for now...

Hey I was just wondering what brand of spacers everyone is using, the link is a little misleading to me. Are they the Eibach ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    Hey I was just wondering what brand of spacers everyone is using, the link is a little misleading to me. Are they the Eibach ones?
    The first set of spacers I bought were just 1" and I got them from here:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._detailpages00

The set I'm running now are 1.25" so that they can clear the heads of the factory lug bolts and I got them from here:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/321568830273?afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

The second spacers are made in the USA at their facility in California.

That's great, thank you very much, we are trying this out on one at work and I'm having a little trouble finding the spacers.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Being that I don't have a Latitude, I can't say for sure. What I know is that for 2015, the Trailhawk was supposed to come with front rotors that were about an inch wider in diameter than a Sport, Latitude or Limited. This was supposed to change in 2016 and ALL Renegades are to come with the same brakes.
    Since it's been about three months since you posted this, have you heard anything fresh on the brakes or anything else that differs 2015-2016?

We're strongly considering the Trailhawk for my wife as her daily driver, but part of that consideration is to sate my desire for 4x4. I bet I could get a cheap set of take-off steel wheels from the dealer if we decide to buy. She might not want them on asa the normal wheel due to reduced fuel economy reported by others with offroad tires, but it would be easy enough to keep a set of aggressive tires in the garage and swap 'em before road trips.

Fresh Catch
    Where can I find a 1 1/2" hub centric spacer for the Renegade????