Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fresh Catch
    Have you considered a remote oil filter adapter and one of those quarter-turn oil drain valves with a pipe nipple and a short length of drain hose to reach out from under the skidplate?

We just got home with a Renegade Trailhawk tonight, I'm strongly considering these retrofits immediately to make the oil changes faster and easier.

@wayoflife I have several hobbies and dabble in a few more and out of all the sites, forums and DIY write ups that
    I come across and read, you (hands down) have got the DIY write up format and technical writing DOWN FREAKING PAT!!

Seriously, people often fail to mention things that they may thought were of little consequence or were of little consequence in their situation but are potential show stoppers to someone whose circumstances differ. You are beyond thorough. Thank you from those of us whose tool set consists of only a Leatherman (facetious).

Furthermore, you make excellent choices as to when and what to photograph and your images are well lit. This is a Huge issue 9 out of 10 times elsewhere.

Lastly, your writing is pragmatic, your word selection is concise and efficient and (IMO) most importantly you restrain from interjecting opinion.

I would love to know what you do for a living (that's rhetorical).

Your efforts are truly impressive and very appreciated. The internets can learn a lot from you.

If you could see me now, I'm doing the 'Dab' dance move (apparently it's a sign of the upmost respect for someone amongst pop culture millennials and z-geners). Lol!

Cheers.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    I guess I'll change it myself, since Wal-Mart told my wife, they couldn't get the skid plate off.

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    I guess I'll change it myself, since Wal-Mart told my wife, they couldn't get the skid plate off.
    Walmart tech didn't have the tools. Didn't think to look in the tool aisle several feet away.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Walmart tech didn't have the tools. Didn't think to look in the tool aisle several feet away.
    I hope they didn't F anything up, under there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Hey Thanks for the write-up. I am a new jeep owner and want to do my own maintenance. So I have a few questions for the oil changes. My head is too big so I was thinking about putting it on jack stands to give me a few extra inches. So here are my questions

1. Where are the jack points ?
    2. Where is the oil filter relative to the pan you show?

Is there anything I should know as this is my first time working on a car.

Quote Originally Posted by mhurckes@me.com View Post
    Hey Thanks for the write-up. I am a new jeep owner and want to do my own maintenance. So I have a few questions for the oil changes. My head is too big so I was thinking about putting it on jack stands to give me a few extra inches. So here are my questions

1. Where are the jack points ?
    2. Where is the oil filter relative to the pan you show?

Is there anything I should know as this is my first time working on a car.
    You might be just as well suited to get a pair of ramps and drive the front of your Renegade on them. The filter is toward the front of your Renegade.