Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Nice write up i have the same bumper and went with Maximus winch plate and the license plate bracket.There was no need to relocate the pump since i am ruing smittybilt x2o winch
    my license plate bracket however is different and is located below the fairlead. So far did not have any issues with clearance on the trail.

Great thread OP! I installed mine today but I'll tell you I'm having a rough time getting the bottom inside nut on the driver side stud. Any advice on this would be great. Maybe i need to do more trimming on the factory vac pump mount and try it again. Hope to finish it up tomorrow. Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Getting real close to pulling the trigger on this same plate, but not sure yet on winch brand and weight stamp. Thanks for the write up OP, I will be revisiting this very soon on my install🥃cheers!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SubzArtz View Post
    I'm about to do this exact install, and I can't thank you enough for your write-up with pics! It will make the install a lot easier.

You're welcome! I'm still rocking this setup and it still is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy5160 View Post
    Nice write up i have the same bumper and went with Maximus winch plate and the license plate bracket.There was no need to relocate the pump since i am ruing smittybilt x2o winch
    my license plate bracket however is different and is located below the fairlead. So far did not have any issues with clearance on the trail.
    I've banged mine quite a bit as its removable and I never remember to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicdog View Post
    Great thread OP! I installed mine today but I'll tell you I'm having a rough time getting the bottom inside nut on the driver side stud. Any advice on this would be great. Maybe i need to do more trimming on the factory vac pump mount and try it again. Hope to finish it up tomorrow. Thanks for any advice.

I had trouble with a few as well, just hang in there and you'll get it. A few tools were thrown during my install.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesC View Post
    Getting real close to pulling the trigger on this same plate, but not sure yet on winch brand and weight stamp. Thanks for the write up OP, I will be revisiting this very soon on my install🥃cheers!

Thanks!

/VVVVVVVVVV\ Denver, CO - Mile High Wayalife! /VVVVVVVVVVV\

Denver Mile High Meetup Thread | H8ROADS Build Thread | FOR SALE OEM NAV

Follow me on twitter @jackwmc4

Quote Originally Posted by RTillery View Post
    I just helped my Buddy put his Zeon 10s in last week. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you OP for the pics you posted. After trying to figure things out with the Maximus directions, I got my laptop out and opened up this thread. It helped a lot! We wound up moving the 4 backing plates on the frame to the front as spacers, and we drilled two 3/4" holes in the bottom of the bumper to access the front winch hold down bolts. Worked great. My Hard Rock should be here in a couple of weeks and it should be a piece of cake now that I am a "practiced professional" Maximus-Zeon installer. (now where did I put those hole saws?)
    Glad I helped!

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by H8ROADS View Post
    You're welcome! I'm still rocking this setup and it still is great.

I've banged mine quite a bit as its removable and I never remember to remove it.

I had trouble with a few as well, just hang in there and you'll get it. A few tools were thrown during my install.

Thanks!

Update. After saying a lot of choice words I took it to my brothers shop and let him take a look at the bottom inside bolts. He had them on in 15-20 min. Here are the tools he used and did this from the top. He did not crawl under the Jeep. IMG_3307.jpgIMG_3309.jpg
    I guess when you do this everyday, it's easy. DAMN!!!

Installed mine last Saturday! Took awhile, but well worth it🥃. Thanks again OP!IMG_0284.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesC View Post
    Installed mine last Saturday! Took awhile, but well worth it🥃. Thanks again OP!IMG_0284.JPG

Banquet approved!