Page 144 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1792
    Quote Originally Posted by tdougherty81 View Post
    Attachment 233215

There she is.
    Cool color.

I got a new one after I hit 140k.
    You had 140k on the RedRock? That's incredible!

Attachment 233215

There she is.
    Nice!! Great upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two tdougherty81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    You had 140k on the RedRock? That's incredible!

Nice!! Great upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yeah, it was leaking oil and trans fluid bad. Then it started to lose power on the freeway. Since it was my daily driver and I couldn't afford a LS I had to make the move.
    2013 JKU Rubicon Commando Green
    Hound
    Build Thread - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...-Green-Rubicon

2016 BU Renegade Trailhawk Anvil
    Mamahawk
    Build Thread -

Sold-2008 JKU Red Rock Crystal Pearl
    RedRock
    Build Thread - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...dRockJKU-Build

Yeah, it was leaking oil and trans fluid bad. Then it started to lose power on the freeway. Since it was my daily driver and I couldn't afford a LS I had to make the move.
    Paying a shop to do a LS swap would probably cost about what a new/used rig would be. I wonder if any bank, CUs, etc give auto loans (or any loan) to do a motor swap. Hmmmm

Knows a Thing or Two Overland_stormtrooper's Avatar
    congrats tom ...looks good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fort Collins, Colorado by way of Houston Texas
    Alright guys, I need some insight or suggestions.

It has only happened a couple of times, but it's what I am concerned is DW. Every time it happens, it's after hitting a bump (or unexpected speed bump, like on the way to the Suds N Grub last month). But it's been at speeds of anywhere from 15-40MPH, hitting a bump or washout in the road and the Jeep wobbling uncontrollably until I can come to a complete stop and start up again.

Tom suggested it might be the balljoints, and I thought that easy/cheap enough to do regardless of whether it was the issue or not. Being as the Jeep just hit 50k, and about 25 of that has been on the 35's. I didn't realize that you had to completely disassemble the axle and remove the shafts to replace the balljoints (according to the writeups that I've come across)

Steering seems a bit flighty at times, though it could just be my imagination running wild on me. Tires have been recently balanced as well.

Thoughts?
    | 2013 JKU Rubicon | EVO Level | EVO Fascia and D-Rings l

If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole.

If you run into assholes all day....YOU'RE the asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle7R View Post

It has only happened a couple of times, but it's what I am concerned is DW. Every time it happens, it's after hitting a bump (or unexpected speed bump, like on the way to the Suds N Grub last month). But it's been at speeds of anywhere from 15-40MPH, hitting a bump or washout in the road and the Jeep wobbling uncontrollably until I can come to a complete stop and start up again.

Tom suggested it might be the balljoints, and I thought that easy/cheap enough to do regardless of whether it was the issue or not. Being as the Jeep just hit 50k, and about 25 of that has been on the 35's. I didn't realize that you had to completely disassemble the axle and remove the shafts to replace the balljoints (according to the writeups that I've come across)

Steering seems a bit flighty at times, though it could just be my imagination running wild on me. Tires have been recently balanced as well.

Thoughts?
    Check for play in your front track bar. Also check for loose connections in your tie rod and drag link ends. You recently replaced your front wheel bearings too right?
    B.O.D. Build - 2014 Granite Crystal JKU - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...t-Build-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle7R View Post

Thoughts?
    That's DW. Have someone turn steering wheel back and forth while you look for play. First thing I always check is steering linkage (tie rod ends and drag link ends) and track bar ends. Even a very small amount of movement can cause DW. Have you done anything to it recently as far as repairs? Also, if track bar end is moving, don't just assume it's a bushing, it can be a loose bolt or an elongated bracket hole. Then next check unit bearings and ball joints.

EDIT: Mike beat me to it.

Fort Collins, Colorado by way of Houston Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_JK_Houston_711 View Post
    Check for play in your front track bar. Also check for loose connections in your tie rod and drag link ends. You recently replaced your front wheel bearings too right?
    I'll have to check it out this weekend, I guess.

I didn't replace the bearings, I only replaced the lugs, I did have this happen once or twice (when I had the stock tires on thinking about trading it in) before the wheel/lug nut incident when my wife was driving

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    That's DW. Have someone turn steering wheel back and forth while you look for play. First thing I always check is steering linkage (tie rod ends and drag link ends) and track bar ends. Even a very small amount of movement can cause DW. Have you done anything to it recently as far as repairs? Also, if track bar end is moving, don't just assume it's a bushing, it can be a loose bolt or an elongated bracket hole. Then next check unit bearings and ball joints.

EDIT: Mike beat me to it.
    I'll have to get under it this weekend and look. Maybe one of the local guys who knows more about it than me will be free and we can take a look at it.
    | 2013 JKU Rubicon | EVO Level | EVO Fascia and D-Rings l

If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole.

If you run into assholes all day....YOU'RE the asshole.

WOW! Anyone looking for a Powerplant? http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?6...l=1#post806849

Kyle, I agree with everyone else, check for something loose before you go off buying parts. a loose bolt/joint can cause death wobble. While Balljoints are cheap, how pissed would you be after doing all that work only to put it back together and find you still have the same problem.

Page 144 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast