Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 76
  1. #61
    Nothing but a Thing Angry Aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmericanInfidel View Post
    I've been told I should take up Golf when I move to Hawaii next summer. Somewhere in the shed or the attic I have a set of Callaway clubs and Big Bertha driver. They were given to me brand new for free from the Ruger firearms company, who does the casting for Callaway. I taught a few firearms classes at their Prescott facility and they gave me a tour of their handgun production factory and golf club casting facility. They look awesome... Problem is I know nothing about Golf. 🤔
    You should take it up especially if your moving to Hawaii. One of the best parts of golf is being outside and being on a nice course with great scenery for a few hours. It doesn't take much to get hooked on golf. Just hit one good one shot and your hooked.

  2. #62
    Been Around the Block 303DAILY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    United States CO
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Aussie View Post
    Mountain golf is my Favorite kind of golf. I love playing in Colorado. What driver did you get? I need to get another one I broke mine back in November.
    I got a ping, my irons are still Costco lol but went crazy on the driver and putter both of them ping.
    The keystone river course in the summer is outstanding. Huge elevation changes, makes for some really fun day. Also driving a cart with beer through the woods is not to bad
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451503368.821543.jpg

  3. #63
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    15,862
    I worked at a course through high school. Got my handicap down to an 11 from playing for free nearly every day. Had all the fancy clothes due to the proshop discount. Then in my 20s, reality set in that things cost money. I had moved to AZ so I played in sandals a lot. Now my handicap is probably 25-30, still play in sandals, and just enjoy getting out and drinking beer, smoking a cigar. Oh, and now I loose about 3 balls a round. But I have more fun.

  4. #64
    Been Around the Block 303DAILY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    United States CO
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmericanInfidel View Post
    I've been told I should take up Golf when I move to Hawaii next summer. Somewhere in the shed or the attic I have a set of Callaway clubs and Big Bertha driver. They were given to me brand new for free from the Ruger firearms company, who does the casting for Callaway. I taught a few firearms classes at their Prescott facility and they gave me a tour of their handgun production factory and golf club casting facility. They look awesome... Problem is I know nothing about Golf. 🤔
    Playing last month in Hawaii was awesome!!!! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451504863.279678.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451504889.896558.jpg

  5. #65
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    15,862
    Bump for that time of year. Going out this morning.

    IMG_20170317_084351_986.jpg

  6. #66
    Been Around the Block elgordomucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    398
    Bump for the masters!

  7. #67
    Nothing but a Thing Angry Aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Bump for that time of year. Going out this morning.

    IMG_20170317_084351_986.jpg
    Awesome!! Hope you had fun! I've been playing a ton the last month or so. I love golf.

    The masters is amazing, I watch as much of it as possible every year. Prettiest and best maintained course on the planet.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #68
    Nothing but a Thing Angry Aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by 303DAILY View Post
    I bet it was. I've never had the chance to play in Hawaii, but have heard nothing but amazing things. One day I'll get there to play some golf.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #69
    Been Around the Block Basscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Durango, CO
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Aussie View Post
    I was curious to see if there are many other members on here that are into playing golf. If so, what's your favorite course, what clubs do you play, how long have you been playing, what's your lowest score you've shot?

    For me any course in colorado would be my favorite. I love mountain golf.

    I play Taylormade driver, wood and hybrids. Titleist ap2 irons and Cleveland wedges.

    Been playing for three years now and love it. Lowest score I've ever shot is a 74. Still trying to break par for the first time. Maybe I'll see some of y'all on the course one day.
    Absolutely love golf! My favorite course is my home course here in Durango, Colorado the Glacier Club! Two beautiful mountain courses that are tough but oh so fun to play. If the wheels are coming off you can just order some lunch and your drink of choice and just soak up the scenery and wildlife!

    I play Titleist AP2 irons and most of the lumber in my bag is Taylormade.

    Best round ever is a 73 but fear not I can drop a 90 on you in a heart beat!


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #70
    Nothing but a Thing Angry Aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Basscat View Post
    Absolutely love golf! My favorite course is my home course here in Durango, Colorado the Glacier Club! Two beautiful mountain courses that are tough but oh so fun to play. If the wheels are coming off you can just order some lunch and your drink of choice and just soak up the scenery and wildlife!

    I play Titleist AP2 irons and most of the lumber in my bag is Taylormade.

    Best round ever is a 73 but fear not I can drop a 90 on you in a heart beat!


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Are those courses open to the public? I've only played Hillcrest and Dalton Ranch in Durango, never played glacier but from the pictures I've seen it looks amazing. I'm hoping to come up to Durango in August for a week or so to play some golf and relax. I'll try to play glacier if I can while I'm there.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •