Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I try to play as often as possible but no much though. Through the family life and work it's hard. I play Cleveland irons and wedges. And a nike sumo driver. Lowest I shot was 76 at Sierra lakes. I'm in socal so we deal with some wind sometimes. Fun though.

1 Corinthians 10:31
    Whether you eat or drink or WHATEVER YOU DO, DO IT FOR THE GLORY OF GOD!

Played all through highschool but couldn't cut it at the D1 college level so playing on a regular basis ended there.

I play Ping woods and Callaway irons. My best round was a 79.
    2013 Dune JKU Rubicon <-- Build Thread

37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" ATX Slabs, EVO BO Coilovers Front and Rear, GenRight Rear Tire Carrier, RK Front lower Control Arms, Adams 1310 Front DS, LOD Sliders, DynoMax Comp Exhaust, EVO ProTek Skids, Fender Trim, EVO 1/4 Pounder and stinger, Warn 9.5ti, EVO C-Gussets, AEV Procal, Trektop NX

***Buy Jeep parts Made in the U.S.A.!!!***

12 handicap.*

*calculated as follows. I take 12 balls with me to the course. I try not to lose any more than that over 18 holes. If I do, I adjust the handicap up. Now conversely if I lose less or actually find a few on the course the handicap goes down. Obviously found range balls are excluded from the calculation.

Nothing but a Thing Angry Aussie's Avatar
    Wow!! There were more people on here that play then I thought. That's awesome. Even of it's just a few times a year. It's a great way to spend a day outside drinking beer with friends (who don't have jeeps) and having a good time. That's great so many of y'all started at a young age I wish I would have.

I've played the last three days and I'm playing in a scramble Tuesday night for $2500. It's gonna be intense.

I hope one day I can get on the course with some of y'all sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    12 handicap.*

*calculated as follows. I take 12 balls with me to the course. I try not to lose any more than that over 18 holes. If I do, I adjust the handicap up. Now conversely if I lose less or actually find a few on the course the handicap goes down. Obviously found range balls are excluded from the calculation.
    That's a smart idea. How are the courses in your area?

Been Around the Block CaliCrusher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StrizzyChris View Post
    Played all through highschool but couldn't cut it at the D1 college level so playing on a regular basis ended there.

I play Ping woods and Callaway irons. My best round was a 79.
    You're lucky, being that you live in San Francisco, you get to play Harding park for dirt cheap. US Open course!

Nothing but a Thing Fir-na-tine's Avatar
    I started playing 3 years ago......much later than the friends from work that I play with......I haven't taken a lesson yet even though most say you should starting out so you don't develope any bad habits in the beginning......I played nearly every week for quite sometime and got my game down into the 80s (82)....My short game is where I need to spend more time and practice on......I can probably shave another 5-7 strokes off my game if I concentrate on just that alone.......Plantation Preserve Golf Course & Club in Plantation, Florida is my favorite course

I yell (((FORE))) after every drive and fairway stroke.....it's become habit.....it is what it is.....

Driver: Taylormade R11S 10.5*
    Hybrids: RBZ Stage 2 19* 3H
    Irons: Callaway X20s
    Wedges: Taylormade ATVs
    Putter: Odessey

~Woodrow~

Fresh Catch
    Started playing around 5 years ago.

Lowest I've ever shot was a 74, but that was one of those days I could do no wrong. Average in the mid 80's.

Favorite course would be Texarkana country club, but the best course I've played is TPC Los Colinas in the DFW area

Driver: Taylormade R-11s
    Woods/hybrids: Tour Edge Pro v4
    Irons: Mizuno MP-59
    Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4
    Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by Fir-na-tine View Post
    I started playing 3 years ago......much later than the friends from work that I play with......I haven't taken a lesson yet even though most say you should starting out so you don't develope any bad habits in the beginning......I played nearly every week for quite sometime and got my game down into the 80s (82)....My short game is where I need to spend more time and practice on......I can probably shave another 5-7 strokes off my game if I concentrate on just that alone.......Plantation Preserve Golf Course & Club in Plantation, Florida is my favorite course

I yell (((FORE))) after every drive and fairway stroke.....it's become habit.....it is what it is.....

Driver: Taylormade R11S 10.5*
    Hybrids: RBZ Stage 2 19* 3H
    Irons: Callaway X20s
    Wedges: Taylormade ATVs
    Putter: Odessey

~Woodrow~
    Sweet! I just started a little over three years ago myself! I bet you have some nice courses to play in Florida. Sounds like you got some sweet clubs to. Work on that short game, there's no better feeling then one putting as many greens as possible. Keep playing sounds like your playing really well for only playing for three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindeuchen View Post
    Started playing around 5 years ago.

Lowest I've ever shot was a 74, but that was one of those days I could do no wrong. Average in the mid 80's.

Favorite course would be Texarkana country club, but the best course I've played is TPC Los Colinas in the DFW area

Driver: Taylormade R-11s
    Woods/hybrids: Tour Edge Pro v4
    Irons: Mizuno MP-59
    Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4
    Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron
    The LPGA is playing there this weekend, the course looks really nice. The greens look huge but smooth as glass.