Close

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    The thing I like about this forum is the honesty. Make your own opinions, read and do your own research and you will come to that same conclusion that you come to when you read here.

Going the Waytekwire route myself partly because of the challenge and partly from my research about the info about the company practices

Thanks for helping out to bring to light things like this.

This is why I proudly display my membership to WAYALIFE
    Looks like I'm locked out. Why?

Glad I finally saw what that guy actually did, and now Im mad at myself for buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rccrwlr View Post

Going the Waytekwire route myself partly because of the challenge and partly from my research about the info about the company practices
    You're right, the challenge of Paul's Waytekwire project was good and works perfectly for me and many others it seems. Ingenuity wins here, honesty and good business practices win here and I'm more proud of my wiring project than I ever would be of spod's.
    I'd be glad to help anyone make Paul's bussman relay box and switch bank if anyone needs the help.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2011 JKU Stone White Rubicon
    Chazak ve Amatz! חֲזַ֖ק וֶאֱמָ֑ץ Be Strong & Courageous! Joshua 1:6
    "praesis ut prosis ne ut imperes"

Hooked
    2007 to 2014........you sure hold a grudge ! remind me not to get into your bad books

my question is why did this guy not simply register as a vendor and be done with it? a lot of us Jeepers are looking for some sort of additional switches and I am sure he would have sold a few. even if he cancelled his commercial membership after a year or two he would still be enjoying the benefits with al the write-ups Internet search engines would point to.

just shows you that honesty is the way to go and any dishonesty will come and bite you in the bum eventually!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kavanji View Post
    2007 to 2014........you sure hold a grudge ! remind me not to get into your bad books
    There used to be a manufacturer called Saguaro4x4 and a few years back, I busted them for doing the exact same thing as sPOD. However, unlike sPOD, the owner of that company found it within him to admit to what he did and was even willing to offer up a public apology for his actions. It takes a big person to do something like that and to this day, I have nothing but respect for him.

As far as sPOD goes - I see no reason to forgive and forget the actions of an unapologetic guy who would choose to engage in dishonest business tactics just to make a buck. Of course, that's just me.

my question is why did this guy not simply register as a vendor and be done with it?
    In all fairness, he tried to... AFTER I busted him. I could have easily taken his money and turned a blind eye to the whole thing.

just shows you that honesty is the way to go and any dishonesty will come and bite you in the bum eventually!!
    As much as I wish that were true, the fact of the matter is, he's done pretty well for himself over the years. Even people who know what he did have still chosen to buy his product. In the end, the way it works or the way it looks was more important to them than honesty and integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    As much as I wish that were true, the fact of the matter is, he's done pretty well for himself over the years. Even people who know what he did have still chosen to buy his product. In the end, the way it works or the way it looks was more important to them than honesty and integrity.
    One would think with the popularity of his product and the recently exploited ease of its existence, that more companies would put out a competitive challenger. Shops push the sPod because it's easy and manufactured so each is consistent.

While the DIY looks equal and somewhat easy, I'm still a little nervous about doing electrical myself and have something fry, or worse, having and electrical short/fire because I was saving 50%+.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    One would think with the popularity of his product and the recently exploited ease of its existence, that more companies would put out a competitive challenger. Shops push the sPod because it's easy and manufactured so each is consistent.

While the DIY looks equal and somewhat easy, I'm still a little nervous about doing electrical myself and have something fry, or worse, having and electrical short/fire because I was saving 50%+.
    It's a money maker which is why shops sell it. I can't imagine there cost being very high to manufacture it which means there is a lot of profit in it plus the labor to install it.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    It's a money maker which is why shops sell it. I can't imagine there cost being very high to manufacture it which means there is a lot of profit in it plus the labor to install it.
    Oh, I'm not questioning the why. Makes total sense on all sides. More just why there is not more reliable competition in this space.

There are several other kits, some cost less and others cost more. The difference is really that none of the other solutions are tailored to the JK specifically as a complete plug and play. What Eddie is using is the next closest thing to a spod, but I think the reason it's not as popular is due to marketing... the only way I heard about it was from Eddie. Spod on the other hand is everywhere, in magazine ads, on sema builds, event sponsoring, etc. The guy has the product name out there, he did a good job in cornering that faucet of the jk market. Now I'm no fan of what he did and I won't buy the product myself. With that said, it is probably safe to say that we won't see anything new hit the market and overthrow the spod, it just seems too late in the game. Maybe in the next model of the wrangler a manufacture Will step up and have better business ethics.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    -Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuff View Post
    There are several other kits, some cost less and others cost more. The difference is really that none of the other solutions are tailored to the JK specifically as a complete plug and play. What Eddie is using is the next closest thing to a spod, but I think the reason it's not as popular is due to marketing... the only way I heard about it was from Eddie. Spod on the other hand is everywhere, in magazine ads, on sema builds, event sponsoring, etc. The guy has the product name out there, he did a good job in cornering that faucet of the jk market. Now I'm no fan of what he did and I won't buy the product myself. With that said, it is probably safe to say that we won't see anything new hit the market and overthrow the spod, it just seems too late in the game. Maybe in the next model of the wrangler a manufacture Will step up and have better business ethics.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Good points. Like you said, it's the plug and play that make it so attractive. Both for customers and for install shops.