ZERO TOPAZ

CalSgt

Hooked
You guys got hit about the same as us to the north.

What type of High desert dirt do you guys have at the ranch? Loamy, sandy DG or the clay that goes from crumbles when dry to caking on your boots until you end up 6" taller when wet?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s awesome, I ended up with probably 5 inches at my house on most things, only about 2-3 inches in the grass, but we’ll take it when we can get it
Wow, that much and on the valley floor. Not bad at all! And yes, we need it!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You guys got hit about the same as us to the north.

What type of High desert dirt do you guys have at the ranch? Loamy, sandy DG or the clay that goes from crumbles when dry to caking on your boots until you end up 6" taller when wet?
LOL - what we have is pretty rocky and sandy.

benatc1

Hooked
Wow, that much and on the valley floor. Not bad at all! And yes, we need it!
I actually live a little more north at like 5500 feet, but family over in the somerset area usual gets a good bit more than us and didn’t so must have just been the way the storm came through.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I actually live a little more north at like 5500 feet, but family over in the somerset area usual gets a good bit more than us and didn’t so must have just been the way the storm came through.
Oh, okay, that's quite a bit higher. About what this place is at. And yes, how a storm comes in sure makes a difference!

CalSgt

Hooked
LOL - what we have is pretty rocky and sandy.
That’s good…

Seeing you out there on the snow gives me anxiety, the dirt we have is so sticky it just clogs tires and is like grease. My grandpa stuck the truck on our ranch & walked the 15 miles back. Took the backhoe for recovery and stuck that too, walked again. Took the D6 Cat to get everything out.

we’ve learned not to try and shake it off of our boots, likely to blow a knee out if you try.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s good…

Seeing you out there on the snow gives me anxiety, the dirt we have is so sticky it just clogs tires and is like grease. My grandpa stuck the truck on our ranch & walked the 15 miles back. Took the backhoe for recovery and stuck that too, walked again. Took the D6 Cat to get everything out.

we’ve learned not to try and shake it off of our boots, likely to blow a knee out if you try.
Oh man, that sounds tough! :oops:

WJCO

Meme King
After a grueling week of SEMA, it was nice to come home to Northern Nevada and to winter! Of course, we just had to see what the ranch looked like covered in a blanket of freshly fallen snow and I have to say, Cindy and I weren't disappointed in what we saw. Here are a few pics that we took from this morning.
Beautiful scenery. How are the ridge grapplers on the slick roads? I'm considering these or trail grapplers for the next set.

Top Bottom