Working towards tons and 40's

Lperdue

Just trying to get feedback on my current plan to eventually run 40's with UD60's, 5.38 gears and E-Lockers.

What's been done so far:
Suspension wise I'm running an EVO C/O fusion lift and upgrading to long arms this march. (Should note had to change spring rates to 300/350 jeep is a little on the heavy side)
I've already cut and trimmed the rocker guards to clear tires lock to lock.
Drive shaft ADAMs (replacing with one from JE REEL due to slight vibration in 4HI)
Already installed a Switch Pros 9100 to rune E-Lockers

Plans for this summer:
Upgrade to PSC assist
(Looking to do this now but when I switch to one tons i'll have to changer the cylinder due to the difference in arm throw. Or should I just wait for this upgrade?)

JE REEL two piece rear drive shaft & Front drive shaft
Does anyone know if the drive line lengths are different from the D44's?
(If they are the same or similar enough I was going to change the pinion flange to a 1350 yoke and run the newer drive shafts until I installed the UD60's )

Wheels and tires
Since I already have coil overs what amount of back spacing is needed with UD60's. I would imagine it would need a little more since the axle are a 68 inches while running c/o's to keep from contacting them.

Steering
Drag link & Tie rod:
Currently running Steer smarts top mount drag link, tie rod and track bar relocation bracket.
I'm sitting at 4.5 inches of lift does anyone recommend/know of a good track bar relocation bracket for UD60's and would what are good possible top mount drag links?

Let me know what you think, if I'm missing something or if I'm being a dumb ass and looking at this wrong (I'd rather know now than waist time) :LOL:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Plans for this summer:
Upgrade to PSC assist
(Looking to do this now but when I switch to one tons i'll have to changer the cylinder due to the difference in arm throw. Or should I just wait for this upgrade?)
I would wait to do this after you get your UD60 and for the reason you've stated.
JE REEL two piece rear drive shaft & Front drive shaft
Does anyone know if the drive line lengths are different from the D44's?
(If they are the same or similar enough I was going to change the pinion flange to a 1350 yoke and run the newer drive shafts until I installed the UD60's )
Your shaft will need to be shorter once you get the UD60 but a good driveline shop can shorten what you have pretty easily.
Wheels and tires
Since I already have coil overs what amount of back spacing is needed with UD60's. I would imagine it would need a little more since the axle are a 68 inches while running c/o's to keep from contacting them.
3.5" is a common back spacing and what I would recommend with coilovers.
Steering
Drag link & Tie rod:
Currently running Steer smarts top mount drag link, tie rod and track bar relocation bracket.
I'm sitting at 4.5 inches of lift does anyone recommend/know of a good track bar relocation bracket for UD60's and would what are good possible top mount drag links?
While doing a drag link flip and track bar relocation would be good with that much lift, I have found it not to be a problem to not have it even with as much lift as I have on my Gladiator. I would install everything first, drive your Jeep and then decide if you need to make more changes.

Lperdue

I would wait to do this after you get your UD60 and for the reason you've stated.

Your shaft will need to be shorter once you get the UD60 but a good driveline shop can shorten what you have pretty easily.

3.5" is a common back spacing and what I would recommend with coilovers.

While doing a drag link flip and track bar relocation would be good with that much lift, I have found it not to be a problem to not have it even with as much lift as I have on my Gladiator. I would install everything first, drive your Jeep and then decide if you need to make more changes.
Thank you, I'll run it with out the flipping the drag link and thanks for the input on what back spacing to run.

Do you get hung up on your rear shock mounts with the EVO's raised control arm and shock mount brackets? Since the UD60 uses the same mounting locations as stock I'm wondering if this would still be an issue. (Granted I would still gain a inch of clearance due to switching from 38's to 40's)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do you get hung up on your rear shock mounts with the EVO's raised control arm and shock mount brackets? Since the UD60 uses the same mounting locations as stock I'm wondering if this would still be an issue. (Granted I would still gain a inch of clearance due to switching from 38's to 40's)
Can't say it's ever been an issue for me or even one I've had to think about.

Top Bottom