Windrock - 24-25 OCT 15

JSTJPN

Looking at riding at Windrock 24-25 Oct. The plan is to arrive Friday evening, grab some food and wheel all day Sat and possibly Sunday morning. Some of us are thinking of camping at the camp ground on site since the weather should be a lot cooler then.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Confirmed:
JSTJPN
Kendawg
Thardy
OscarMike2.0
Hhunter050
Gui
09epetry
Bonedaddy
Jkwebbie
Scrambler
Big b
Rebelcon JK
Trailless
Stock Jk
J33PER
MattMC
Frogmech

Tentative:
Grubbicon
Mr Ty
Jtmw
RMC2
Frogmech
A U Bronc N JK
Medix JK
TennJK

Here is the tentative plan.
Friday:
For those arriving early enough. There will be an afternoon ride and night ride. If you plan to join the afternoon ride, link up with Scrambler and thardy for meeting time and location.

For those doing the night ride, meet up at the camp store at 8pm. Ensure you have registered before hitting the trails. Kendawg is the POC for this ride.

Saturday:
Everyone meet at the camp store by 0830. The plan is to be on the trails by 0900. So allow yourself enough time to get registered, air down and disconnect.

Here are the trails for the hard group:
15, G1,2,16,G1(time check),13,12,84,G34,G1
*2Dr: min 33's
4Dr: min 35's

Kendawg will be the group leader.

Here are the trails for the easy/mid group:
Head to trail 2: 2,G10,G1,G18,32,30,G8,33,G1,11

JSTJPN will be group leader. Need an alternate group leader in case I can't make it.

At the end of the day, maybe plan on getting together at a local eatery for some food and war stories. :D:thumbup:
Maybe a night ride if enough want to do one. I know some of us want get in in time for Friday night's ride so maybe we have one Sat night as well.

Sunday:
No set schedule. Whoever wants to ride Sunday can devise the plan Sat evening.

It is recommended that all Jeeps have the following a recovery strap or winch, recovery hooks/shackles, Jack, first aide kit (for trail boo boos), and cb (not required but makes the ride a little more enjoyable).

Make sure you have plenty of Scooby snacks and drinks (water). Alcohol is highly discouraged and they have security that may check your coolers at anytime.

Be fueled up prior to getting to camp store. They have a fuel point but I am sure you an get it cheaper out in town.

Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any suggestions/recommendations. The sole purpose is to have fun with fellow Jeepers and enjoy the TN hills and trails.

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
I'm down but we might want to adjust the dates since their big Fall Jamboree is right before that so I'm sure that weekend will be nuts.

JSTJPN

I'm down but we might want to adjust the dates since their big Fall Jamboree is right before that so I'm sure that weekend will be nuts.

If we need to change the dates, I can do the 24th-25th or we can make a halloween weekend run. Now that would make a pretty wild night ride especially if the moon is almost full. :eek:

RebelconJk

Sounds awesome! I'll check the dates and see if I can make it! My wife and I just moved to TN, haven't had a chance to go wheelin yet. Anybody going to the smoky mtn jeep thing at the end of the month?

thardy

Banned
Lets do 24-25. This will be the first year for my kiddo to do Halloween so I'm sure that wouldn't go over well at my house.

JSTJPN

Sounds awesome! I'll check the dates and see if I can make it! My wife and I just moved to TN, haven't had a chance to go wheelin yet. Anybody going to the smoky mtn jeep thing at the end of the month?

I hope you can make it. Windrock is a great place to wheel. Just let me know and I will add you to the list.:thumb:

Top Bottom