Wider HiLine fenders for JKU?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I am curious, who has Hiline fenders on their JK/JKU that are wider than stock? I am going to keep my next build as low as functionally possible and have been considering the Mopar Hiline fenders, as they advertise a 35" tire with no lift and 37's with a 2" lift. I also see that Poison Spider makes a steel flare that is 2" wider than stock. Are there any other I should consider? I love the look of the MCE fenders, and think they would look awesome on the Mojave Sand rig I will be building, but they look like they may be narrower than stock? I would also love to just cut the stock flares, but my tires stick out about 1"-1.5", and that is a no go for inspection in Hawaii. Any ideas?

If you have wider than stock flares and a 12.5" wide tire, pics would be great as well as what BS wheels you are running. Thanks Wayalifers!

dunstan74

I have 4.75 back spacing with 35/12.50/17 nittos along with flat fenders from DBOR and have full tire coverage.

Im only running 1.5" lift and it works great for me, my only complaint is the break over angel is not great. Other than that im happpy i keep my jeep low.

Attachments

• 1458870099979.jpg
    1458870099979.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 182

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I have 4.75 back spacing with 35/12.50/17 nittos along with flat fenders from DBOR and have full tire coverage.

Im only running 1.5" lift and it works great for me, my only complaint is the break over angel is not great. Other than that im happpy i keep my jeep low.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up on those fenders. I've never heard of them but I'll definitely check them out. Break over angle is probably my only concern right now. I am currently running a JKS JSPEC lift that sit right a 3" of actual lift, full factory fenders and 35" BFGs. Break over has been fine thus far. The EVO sliders definitely do their job when needed lol. This time I would like to be around 2.5 with 37s in the end, which is why I am looking into Hiline fenders. I've even considered just doing the JKS ACOS system so I can adjust as my needs and tire size change. I have heard they can rust and being that I'm only about 2 months away from moving to Hawaii, so that's a concern for me. Still figuring out what I am going to do with this one lol. My wife, of all people, just reminded me about the EVO hood/fender combo as well, so I'll look into that too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am curious, who has Hiline fenders on their JK/JKU that are wider than stock? I am going to keep my next build as low as functionally possible and have been considering the Mopar Hiline fenders, as they advertise a 35" tire with no lift and 37's with a 2" lift. I also see that Poison Spider makes a steel flare that is 2" wider than stock. Are there any other I should consider? I love the look of the MCE fenders, and think they would look awesome on the Mojave Sand rig I will be building, but they look like they may be narrower than stock? I would also love to just cut the stock flares, but my tires stick out about 1"-1.5", and that is a no go for inspection in Hawaii. Any ideas?

If you have wider than stock flares and a 12.5" wide tire, pics would be great as well as what BS wheels you are running. Thanks Wayalifers!

Dynatrac is running the Mopar Hi-Line fenders on their Jeep and it covers their 39" Krawlers perfectly. I should note that of all the options out there, these look crazy good and like they were meant to be their from the factory. Of course, they are made by Jeep so I guess that's no surprise. Needless to say, they are what I would get.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Dynatrac is running the Mopar Hi-Line fenders on their Jeep and it covers their 39" Krawlers perfectly. I should note that of all the options out there, these look crazy good and like they were meant to be their from the factory. Of course, they are made by Jeep so I guess that's no surprise. Needless to say, they are what I would get.

Awesome, that is great to know. I do like the factory look of them. I'm actually headed to the dealership today to sign paperwork on the new Jeep and get a price on the Mopar Hi-line fenders today. Thanks for the info Eddie! [emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome, that is great to know. I do like the factory look of them. I'm actually headed to the dealership today to sign paperwork on the new Jeep and get a price on the Mopar Hi-line fenders today. Thanks for the info Eddie! [emoji106]

You should know that the fenders come in black with a texture and smooth if you're going to be painting them. You'll need to specify what you want.

geberhard

Douchebag
Guys, to clarify are you guys talking fenders or the plastic flares? I.e. these Mopar highline flares? Or has Mopar come up with new fenders?

http://www.mopar.com/jeep_performance_parts/

20140417_141207_zps50dbfryx.jpg

MA2_All_2014_77072342_T000.JPG

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
You should know that the fenders come in black with a texture and smooth if you're going to be painting them. You'll need to specify what you want.

OK perfect. I think I would prefer the textured OE black with the Mojave sand. I typically doing like too much color matched stuff lol. Thanks again Eddie for the info!

geberhard

Douchebag
Awesome, they looks very cool, are they made with teh same flexible material as teh stock ones? They look very clean. I also dig these one offs that the had on teh low forty a few years back:
main.php

I think EVO was selling a mage-hood or whatever they call it that had the flares integrated, seems like a cool idea:

attachment.php

Top Bottom