Which should I install first?

Sbrand0107

Watched the four install videos of track bar, track bar brace, steering stabilizer, and tie rod/drag link steering stabilizer relocation. I cannot afford all of those parts at the same time. What order do you all recommend installing them in? It's a Stock Sport S. Do I install anything before those items?

Dale72

Hooked
Watched the four install videos of track bar, track bar brace, steering stabilizer, and tie rod/drag link steering stabilizer relocation. I cannot afford all of those parts at the same time. What order do you all recommend installing them in? It's a Stock Sport S. Do I install anything before those items?
Start with recovery gear. Front bumper and a winch. I'm getting a piece or two at a time for mine. Welcome by the way.

Unless it is just for show, there should be a reason for any modifications. Probably none of these need to be replaced unless you get larger tires, and starting with a Sport, those parts would should not be your highest priority. For example, if you were to put on larger tires then improving the gear ratio and a lift would be more important so the larger tires do not cause issues with the driveability of your Jeep.

JimLee

Hooked
None of the things you've listed are required until you are lifted. Save for a quality lift, if you are going to wheel in the meantime spend some money on recovery gear as mentioned above

WJCO

Meme King
If there's nothing wrong with them, no need to replace them.

I should have mentioned that Eddie (forum operator) has a series of videos about his red 2-door Wrangler JL Sport "Pippi" on his wayalife YouTube channel. These are really helpful videos since they address how to make the Sport better without going wild and crazy and breaking the bank. Many of his solutions involved installing "take off" parts from the Rubicon model.

It is pretty common for people with Rubicons to update parts on their Jeep, and the parts which were taken off can be purchased at a good price and work well on the Sport.

Sbrand0107

The reason for installing those components would be for a tighter steering. At least, that is the impression I am under.

Top Bottom