Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

Journeyman

Just wanted to add more.

So did you push through the squeeze? Or just pull up and take a poser shot.
We stopped at that exact same spot last time we were out there. Late in the day and by ourselves we decided to live for another day. That spot gets super close to the hardtop! Topless and airing down just the drivers side until we get through next time.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill to pick up the kid from a 3 week robotics camp. It's good to have my baby home!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470455072.511403.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470455102.327912.jpg

12-mile

This weekend was a road trip to the hospital, my daughter is crazy about the local helicopter. My wife is a paramedic for the hospital and my friend flies on it so took her up to the landing pad on the roof.
View attachment 215314
View attachment 215315
View attachment 215316
Next week we are going to try to go to Silver Lake Sand Dunes

Fort Wayne lifeline, I recognize that.
Good Samaritan.
My wife did a ride along in that helicopter while in her nursing program.

JKbrick

Fort Wayne lifeline, I recognize that.
Good Samaritan.
My wife did a ride along in that helicopter while in her nursing program.

Nice! The service has ground trucks too and are always flying or driving transfers to Indy or anywhere else, I just said Indy cause I assumed you were close so I checked your profile

Desertman

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470494764.095346.jpg Only jeep out this week , we had an evening fishing after a drive across the desert. After sunrise we headed back for a fast drive over the fine windward sand of the dunes. Lost my front plate and plastic air dam during the night but recovered the plate in the morning when back tracking the trail.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Hiking in the Northern Kettle Moraine. Planning a 24 mile, 2 day, 1 night hike along the Ice Age Trail so we did a practice run with 20 pound packs for 5.5 miles. Carrying all your shit on your back makes you really scrutinize what's important! Lose the thermals, but keep the wine, haha.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470626576.712455.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470626597.543301.jpg

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Hiking in the Northern Kettle Moraine. Planning a 24 mile, 2 day, 1 night hike along the Ice Age Trail so we did a practice run with 20 pound packs for 5.5 miles. Carrying all your shit on your back makes you really scrutinize what's important! Lose the thermals, but keep the wine, haha.

That's cool, man. I just bumped a backpacking thread. I love it.

WiscoHR

Started 2 week trip to NM, AZ, UT, and CO. First day in New Mexico and sitting in the dealership right now with a check engine light on.

10abadilla/jk

Nothing big. Went with a jeeper I met here on wal to some easy local trails. Great scenery.

Attachments

• 1470710639028.jpg
    1470710639028.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 132

DRTYRAT30

Went up and played in the Sierras today. Went solo so stuck to easy trails. Played in the Black Springs area and then came out the Corral Hollow trail. Beautiful day up there to get out of the 100 degree heat in the Central Valley.

Great place, just missed you. We were there this weekend.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470711808.146698.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470711827.147479.jpg

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
a Weekend trip in Davey Crockett N.F. and Angelina N.F.

so I loaded the jeep packed in the misses and her munckins headed down into Davey Crockett N.F. for a overnighter before going down into Angelina N.F. to stop off at Boykin Springs and spend another night out in the woods at a more private camping spot ... just a few of the enjoyed sights DSC_3381.jpg DSC_3382.jpg DSC_3383.jpg DSC_3385.jpg DSC_3392.jpg DSC_3396.jpg DSC_3404.jpg DSC_3406.jpg DSC_3423.jpg DSC_3425.jpg DSC_3427.jpg DSC_3435.jpg DSC_3442.jpg DSC_3444.jpg DSC_3454.jpg DSC_3455.jpg DSC_3457.jpg DSC_3458.jpg DSC_3461.jpg DSC_3466.jpg

so I loaded the jeep packed in the misses and her munckins headed down into Davey Crockett N.F. for a overnighter before going down into Angelina N.F. to stop off at Boykin Springs and spend another night out in the woods at a more private camping spot ... just a few of the enjoyed sights

Nice! How was your trip? Did you and the fam hike from Boykin to the mill, or did you drive as close as you could get and foot the rest?

Awesome that your camping spot was right on the water. Was that water spot at DC or Angelina?

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Nice! How was your trip? Did you and the fam hike from Boykin to the mill, or did you drive as close as you could get and foot the rest?

Awesome that your camping spot was right on the water. Was that water spot at DC or Angelina?

drove down to trailhead then hiked in to the mill , got to do a bit more forest roads that way ... both spots on the water although Angelina did manage to get right up on it , was by the lily pad pond in Davey , then a mossy bottom pond in Angelina (its on the way to the mill on the left side ) trip was good after all even a bad day of being out in the woods is better than a good day at work ...

Top Bottom