Wheels / Tires

vesteroid

I was hoping there was a chart of known fits for given models but I cant seem to find such a thing.

I have a 22 JT Rubi and simply want to put 35 12.50 ridge grapplers on it.

Dealer told me it would fit on stock wheels but no shop (so far) will do that. THey only want to put a 280 75 17.

So then I decided I would buy wheel but I see all sorts of different offsets. Methods seem to come in 0. I see lots of post saying you need -12, then I see the aev wheels on their site saying +25

That seems to be a huge range from -12 to +25 and I cant get a straight answer about what to get.

I obviously don't want to make a mistake and be stuck with it.

I have no lift but would put on an aev 2" spacer lift if required.

Right this second wheels tires and spacer is all I can afford (or less)\

Anyone know where to find this information?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure why none of the shops you’ve gone to won’t install 35s on your wheels. They will fit fine but you’ll most likely have some rubbing at a full turn. That said, a wheel with an 8”-9” width will work best. Also, factory wheels have 6.25” of back spacing and 5.5” or less will be a better fit with tire of that size. Most aftermarket wheels tend to have 3.5” of back spacing but if you’re trying to keep your Jeep relatively stock, I would try to find a wheel with no less that 4.5”.

Upvote 0

vesteroid

Not sure why none of the shops you’ve gone to won’t install 35s on your wheels. They will fit fine but you’ll most likely have some rubbing at a full turn. That said, a wheel with an 8”-9” width will work best. Also, factory wheels have 6.25” of back spacing and 5.5” or less will be a better fit with tire of that size. Most aftermarket wheels tend to have 3.5” of back spacing but if you’re trying to keep your Jeep relatively stock, I would try to find a wheel with no less that 4.5”.
Thanks,

Both les schwabb and perfection tire told me the minimum rim width is 8 and if they install it on a 7.5 it will balloon and not drive well.

Upvote 0

kevman65

Hooked
Some chain stores have policies (legal liability driven) that won't allow them to put tires on wheels narrower than what the manufacturer recommends.
Enforcement of this policy generally falls back to each individual store. Mom and Pop stores usually don't have these policies.

Before you invest money you don't have on wheels you don't want (yet) call around to more shops.

With OEM offset/backspace, you probably will need wheel spacers to avoid rubbing.

*** There is a 35/10.50/17 out there, can't remember who makes it.

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
I was hoping there was a chart of known fits for given models but I cant seem to find such a thing.

I have a 22 JT Rubi and simply want to put 35 12.50 ridge grapplers on it.

Dealer told me it would fit on stock wheels but no shop (so far) will do that. THey only want to put a 280 75 17.

So then I decided I would buy wheel but I see all sorts of different offsets. Methods seem to come in 0. I see lots of post saying you need -12, then I see the aev wheels on their site saying +25

That seems to be a huge range from -12 to +25 and I cant get a straight answer about what to get.

I obviously don't want to make a mistake and be stuck with it.

I have no lift but would put on an aev 2" spacer lift if required.

Right this second wheels tires and spacer is all I can afford (or less)\

Anyone know where to find this information?
Like Eddie said, talk to Discount tire. They'll do it and they'll help you with correct tire and wheel ideas and options. I put 35s on my Gladiator sport (aftermarket wheels though) before lifting it and the fit is fine as far as fender clearance so your Rubicon will be fine.

Upvote 0

vesteroid

Like Eddie said, talk to Discount tire. They'll do it and they'll help you with correct tire and wheel ideas and options. I put 35s on my Gladiator sport (aftermarket wheels though) before lifting it and the fit is fine as far as fender clearance so your Rubicon will be fine.
I jsut got back from discount tire and yes they will mount them...first available appointment is dec 9th Or they told me I could just drop the jeep off Wednesday at 8 and they would try and have it back before saturday.

hard pass.

Ill wait out the crazy and do this later

Upvote 0
I jsut got back from discount tire and yes they will mount them...first available appointment is dec 9th Or they told me I could just drop the jeep off Wednesday at 8 and they would try and have it back before saturday.

hard pass.

Ill wait out the crazy and do this later
First available appointment is a month away? You sure you went to Discount Tire? America's Tire? (Same company) hopefully you didn't go to "Discount tire and brake center" (complete Discount Tire rip off) That far back of an appointment is absurd. What state do you live in? Discount doesn't keep cars in their lot for days at a time, or for as far as I know. They will mount 35s on your wheels but they won't tell you to leave it to do so, that makes no sense. It's still drivable right? Why would you leave it?

Upvote 0

vesteroid

I live in northern Idaho and it snowed last weekend so all the folks lost their minds...happens every year around this time. This year is early it seems, it is usually after Thanksgiving.

I went to 4wp and they hooked me up with some 35 11.50 Toyo open country at3 that were even on sale. Ordered a aev 2" spacer lift for now and will see how that goes.

If I lift it permanently I want to make sure I buy a good one with shocks and they seem to be out of my price range at the moment. I have no intention of going past 35's

I drive too much to work to waste the gas going larger than that

Upvote 0
Top Bottom