Whats this for?

Jay Ellyou

I have a 2019 JL Unlimited Sport and have this installed above the rear view mirror, is it just a blank, I'm assuming the Rubicon has something mounted here, I bought some ARB Solis dimmable spot lights and I am looking for somewhere to mount the dimmer.

Attachments

• F598ED2C-F8D2-44F4-B15B-D1A6059D009F.jpeg
    F598ED2C-F8D2-44F4-B15B-D1A6059D009F.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 13

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Yea that’s where the SOS button or whatever it is that comes with the rubicon is located. I forget that it’s up there since I don’t use it. I can check after I get off work in the morning.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I have a 2019 JL Unlimited Sport and have this installed above the rear view mirror, is it just a blank, I'm assuming the Rubicon has something mounted here, I bought some ARB Solis dimmable spot lights and I am looking for somewhere to mount the dimmer.
We have a Sport too but on ours, that is the indicator that the passenger air bag is off.

KIMG1074.JPG

Jay Ellyou

We have a Sport too but on ours, that is the indicator that the passenger air bag is off.

View attachment 370456
How do you get it to light up, mine never lights up, tried plugging in the seatbelt with no one in the seat, I don’t get a momentary on off when I start up, I also read somewhere that it could be turned on/off via the dash binnacle computer, that’s not there either

WJCO

Meme King
How do you get it to light up, mine never lights up, tried plugging in the seatbelt with no one in the seat, I don’t get a momentary on off when I start up, I also read somewhere that it could be turned on/off via the dash binnacle computer, that’s not there either
That's just white lettering printed, it's not lit up in the picture. However, we have tested it by having our 10 year old daughter sit in the passenger seat and it does light up (the passenger air bag turns off). It's been awhile since we tried it, but I think you have to be driving too. I think there has to be at least some small amount of weight in the passenger seat for it to work though.

Top Bottom