What was done to your rig this week?

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Oil change again. What an oil guzzler . Also started getting wrenches for the different jam nut sizes . Core 4x4 somehow has 3 jam nut sizes for 8 adjustable control arms .. wtf ??

I emailed and they told me 1-1/2” for the uppers and 1-5/8” for the lowers. Except the front lowers are 1-5/8” but the rear lowers are bigger ? How many massive wrenches does 1 need to carry

IMG_2493.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Oil change again. What an oil guzzler . Also started getting wrenches for the different jam nut sizes . Core 4x4 somehow has 3 jam nut sizes for 8 adjustable control arms .. wtf ??

I emailed and they told me 1-1/2” for the uppers and 1-5/8” for the lowers. Except the front lowers are 1-5/8” but the rear lowers are bigger ? How many massive wrenches does 1 need to carry

View attachment 328232

15" adjustable...

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I ended up with clearance issues trying to use an adjustable wrench and bought an 1-7/8” wrench instead. Now it just stays in the Jeep.

JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler
I'm gonna have to buy a couple new wrenches, my standard stuff tops out at 1-1/2". Thanks for the heads up [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Got all the lights daisy chained together. It was late so didn’t place them, but wish I had cuz can’t even tell they’re on in the daylight. Got the wire running where I want it tho so once it’s dark I’ll start zip tying.
58113514999__72CC53B0-A464-4C92-9F62-7235A78039BD.jpg

Coop

Caught the Bug
Jeep has been running hotter than in the past, heating up at traffic lights +225 * F.
So, picked up a Mopar replacement thermostat. Put that in and went on to burp the system. Thermostat wouldn’t open at all. Tried twice. Hit 246* F. Had my burping funnel in the radiator so it blew lots of antifreeze out. Pissed me off a good deal. Took the thermostat apart and popped the stat element out leaving the hole and plate as a restrictor. Runs at 206*F, will creep up to 210 with the AC on. I think I’ll leave this until winter.
Any thoughts from you guys is appreciated!

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
We use to run our dirt track cars like that. I may be ok in the Jeep.
Jeep has been running hotter than in the past, heating up at traffic lights +225 * F.
So, picked up a Mopar replacement thermostat. Put that in and went on to burp the system. Thermostat wouldn’t open at all. Tried twice. Hit 246* F. Had my burping funnel in the radiator so it blew lots of antifreeze out. Pissed me off a good deal. Took the thermostat apart and popped the stat element out leaving the hole and plate as a restrictor. Runs at 206*F, will creep up to 210 with the AC on. I think I’ll leave this until winter.
Any thoughts from you guys is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom