What Souvenirs Have You Brought Back From Your Travels?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The wife and I are always thinking of ways to commemorate our road trips. We started with refrigerator magnets, but gave up on that. Our latest idea is a garage art wall of license plates from the states we’ve visited together. You can find plates in most any antique or junk shop.

Here are a few that we’ve already picked up. I’ll post a pic of the wall, but I’m having to buy some of them on eBay, or when we go back.

IMG_2455.jpg
IMG_2456.jpg
IMG_2457.jpg

I don’t want to make this thread exclusively about plates, so here is an old carbide miners lamp, I picked up in Ouray. I have a thing for old lamps, and since that area is mining country, I couldn’t come home without one.

IMG_2458.jpg
IMG_2459.jpg

This is sand from Hawaii, and Northern California. The sand from Hawaii is in an old, Parker Ranch milk bottle.

IMG_2460.jpg

What have you brought home?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Stickers ,hats,coffee mugs are my thing .. not home or I could show a few .. am a bit upset as I lost my crazy horse sticker before I could put it on the jeep but still got the hat an mug so all good . ... on this trip dunno I will get much beyond stickers with space at a premium

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Stickers ,hats,coffee mugs are my thing .. not home or I could show a few .. am a bit upset as I lost my crazy horse sticker before I could put it on the jeep but still got the hat an mug so all good . ... on this trip dunno I will get much beyond stickers with space at a premium

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol. My wife is trying to ban me from buying tee shirts and caps.

bmkrinne

I’m a sucker for souvenir T-shirts and have started buying them for the kids instead of for me. They’re still young enough that they are out growing the shirts and always need new ones!

I travel quite a bit for work and usually look for something with the name of the town on it.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
License plates is such a cool idea. We normally just get magnets or t-shirts. I was big into getting hard rocks pilsner glasses with the city etched into them whenever I saw one but they stopped selling the pilsner glasses and just have regular drink glasses. I've since switched to the hard rock pins. My wife loves to buy a Christmas ornament every time we visit a new city which is fun to reminisce every Christmas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Jsouder53

Hooked
My favorite souvenir we brought back from our travels is our Jeep [emoji23] got sick of driving a Prius C. We were on a road trip to B.C. Canada and on the way back we stopped to see my in-laws in Maryland, decided to test drive a Jeep since we were talking about getting a Jeep eventually, then drove it home and left the Prius behind!

wibornz

We just bring back photos. We have traveled a lot over the years and that stuff stacks up. There is only so many shot glasses, hats, and T shirts, before you run out of room. That is not to say we don't ever buy something. We just came back from 1500 mile trip out west through a bunch of National Parks and in Zion, we climbed to the top of Angel Landing. This was a nice challenge for the wife as she had a total knee replacement about seven months ago. So she bought a T-shirt that stated something along the line of: I walked, hiked, climbed, crawled to the top of Angel Landing. Nice logo also.

The one thing we started while on this trip is we bought the book that list all the National Parks and in the book is a place for a stamp from each National Park. So we have started checking National Parks off in the book.

black pearl

Hooked
My wife likes to get refrigerator magnets and Christmas ornaments. I've gotten in to getting hiking stick tags and stickers. IMG_2957.jpg IMG_2958.jpg IMG_2959.jpg got to revisit some places to get tags for them.

jesse3638

Hooked
We seem to get different things, post cards, magnets, ticket stubs or parking passes. We have shadow boxes I'm the hallway we put all if these things in. The kids really love it. We also love going to breweries. We get a glass from them. We've gotten nearly 50 glasses now..haha. When I build my bar they'll look good on the shelf behind it.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My favorite souvenir we brought back from our travels is our Jeep [emoji23] got sick of driving a Prius C. We were on a road trip to B.C. Canada and on the way back we stopped to see my in-laws in Maryland, decided to test drive a Jeep since we were talking about getting a Jeep eventually, then drove it home and left the Prius behind!

On a road trip to British Columbia Canada from Montana and stopped in Maryland. That’s one hell of a detour.

HatcHJeeP

Great trade!

Ddays

Hooked
Great idea on the license plates Clay. I think I'm gonna adopt that one.
Don't have pics but I always look for a distinctive rock when we visit different states. LOL, unfortunately I forgot to label some of them so now I got a bunch of stupid rocks I don't remember where in the hell they came from :cheesy:

Top Bottom